=D Grilled Cheese Suggestions...anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i like using mozzerela (sp?) cheese. tastes like cheese sticks!

Along with the mozzarella, a little dab of pizza sauce. And, if you've got the calories to spend, pepperoni! It's the kid's favorite sandwich right now. I say right now, because last month their favorite was peanut butter banana sandwiches on toasted bread!

I always liked lightly sauteed onions on my sandwich. If you're good (oh, and I am, I am), you don't even need to butter your bread, you can just do it in the same pan from the onions, in the leftover butter spray.

Awesome! i am going to copy this and email it to myself. thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    One of my favorite grilled cheese sandwiches, is made with provolone. Instead of margarine or butter, I brush the bread with olive oil, mixed with Italian seasonings. I saute some bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and add those between two slices of provolone...cook at a very low heat, as the olive oil can burn easily....very tasty!!!!
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite grilled cheese sandwiches, is made with provolone. Instead of margarine or butter, I brush the bread with olive oil, mixed with Italian seasonings. I saute some bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and add those between two slices of provolone...cook at a very low heat, as the olive oil can burn easily....very tasty!!!!
    Oh this was looking good till you said onions and peppers yuck! lol the rest sounds yummy :tongue: