Autumn Swoons

Options
I've been fighting off temptations to eat comfort food (or overeat) and hibernate (or not exercise) this week. Just want to eat something warm, soft, and yummy, and crawl in bed with a book in the evenings. Could it be the weather or season? The last time I got my weight down to where it is now and went off the rails, it was also autumn. Does anyone else get these urges when the weather gets chilly, and the leaves start falling, and the days get shorter? Any ideas about how to counter the cravings?

Replies

• demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've had them for 2 weeks now... and I don't like it...
    Trying to use it to motivate me more....
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yes...hot gooey brownies and coffee... Let yourself eat some so you don't end up binge eating it. Then work out an extra 10-15 mins if you need too.
  • FaeryBaby
    FaeryBaby Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yes...hot gooey brownies and coffee...

This...I've been forcing myself to stay out of my kitchen today because there are chocolate cupcakes in there...dying for one of those and a cup of coffee
  • stanchfielda
    Options
    yes...hot gooey brownies and coffee...

And big meals in the crock pot with homemade bread! YUMMY!
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been in "prepare to hibernate" mode for a couple of weeks now, I just want to build up my blubber layer and go curl up in my blankets and sleep for a couple of months. Just shaking off the lethargy in the last couple of days. A couple of inspirational messages and events, and I'm back into it. I must say, those cool evening walks can be invigorating!!
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Well, I'd have to exercise for a couple of hours to burn off a hot gooey brownie, and since I'm pre-diabetic and not eating either baked goods or sugar, that one's not an option.

stanchfielda your crock pot comment resonates with me! I need to find a bunch of very low carb. warm, gooey meals I can cook in a crock pot.

The lure of crawling into bed and hibernating is even stronger than the desire for warm, soft, gooey food. It's weird because I didn't feel this way at all throughout the summer.

cawood2, feel free to share inspirational messages!
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    stanchfielda I cooked a big stew pot of gooey veggies last night with okra, stewed tomatoes, onions, zuccini, and chopped spinach as the base, and green beans and broccoli added last to give it all some chewiness. That hit the cold weather comfort food spot, and I could eat as much as I wanted since it was very low calorie and low carb. I came in 200 calories under my goal and got a warning from MFP that I needed to eat more! Thank you for the suggestion!