Just Smile!

Options
I HATE exercising, but I have a strategy to change that.

I earned a bachelor's in psychology, which make me no expert, but I did learn a few things. Apparently, if a person engages in an undesired activity, but fakes a smile while they do it, the brain will associate positive feelings with the undesired activity. So...

I power walk through my neighborhood with a cheesy grin on my face. I'm not sure if it's working yet, but I'll get back to you.

PS- if you're gonna try this with me, I suggest also thinking of positive things while you exercise with a fake smile. Oh, and if you are a person who is clearly more qualified in the science of psychology, please let me know if I'm grinning for nothing. :blushing:

Replies

• dorkazoid4u
    Options
    I HATE exercising, but I have a strategy to change that.

I earned a bachelor's in psychology, which make me no expert, but I did learn a few things. Apparently, if a person engages in an undesired activity, but fakes a smile while they do it, the brain will associate positive feelings with the undesired activity. So...

I power walk through my neighborhood with a cheesy grin on my face. I'm not sure if it's working yet, but I'll get back to you.

PS- if you're gonna try this with me, I suggest also thinking of positive things while you exercise with a fake smile. Oh, and if you are a person who is clearly more qualified in the science of psychology, please let me know if I'm grinning for nothing. :blushing:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    lol-044.gif

Hehehehe... I love that! I think it works the other way too though. Sometimes I'm running (okay walking) on my treadmill and I just start grinning and laughing like an idiot. I've been thinking about ABSOLUTELY nothing funny. I just get overwhelmed with happiness.

And I don't even like exercise. :huh:
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    ok im gonna try it when i workout this week...:laugh:....i will keep u posted!!!