Stuck at the same weight

Options
Hi Everyone, I have been using my fitness pal for 130 days and I have been going up and down and up and down and now I am stuck at the same weight, I am eating approx 1200 calories a day, and running for 25-30 minutes every day and walking and boxing, has any one got any ideas? I have been 6 KG lower than this in Oct last year so I know I can do it im doing everything the same but its just not happening?

Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium intake
  • hd2208
    hd2208 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    maybe not eating enuf for your exercise and your body has gone into starvation mode (lots ofpeope have their own opinions on this), or changes in body fat/inches but not seeing results at scales. stick with it. x
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Change up your routine, and eat more. Not junk, of course, but adding some calories will probably help.
  • BetteEdmonson
    Options
    Are you eating a variety of foods or sticking to the same meals every day? Sometimes, mixing it up some makes a difference. Sounds like you vary your exercise. Drinking plenty of water? You may be eating too little and your metabolism is sluggish. Hope maybe some of this might help.

Bette
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is just used to what you are doing. Change up your routine a bit and see if that helps.
  • mrs_madame
    mrs_madame Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you're that active, you are probably eating wayyy too little. Shoot for around 1500cals/day and try to eat back some of your exercise cals and see if that works.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    swap 3 of your running (steady cardio) days for 3 days of sprint interval training (see my workout blog below for different sprint intervals you could do). going all out during the work intervals will cause something called EPOC or Afterburn.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Increase your calorie intake - and when you do, stay away from the scale for about 2 weeks while your body adjusts
  • jessjetson85
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think I need to change it up and probably eat more I am stuck in the same routine running every day walking/boxing every night and eating very similar.

Thanks for all of the advice :)
  • EaseE
    EaseE Posts: 4
    Options
    Try changing up your routine. Your body has gotten use to your workouts and is no longer responding. Try something different and give your body a shock! :smile:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Increase your calorie intake - and when you do, stay away from the scale for about 2 weeks while your body adjusts
    This is very good advice! You WILL gain a few pounds at first, more than likely, but should then start to lose steadily. Avoid the scale if the gain would cause you to freak out. :happy:
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    you need more strength training/toning......don't focus only on cardio. Include lots of protein in your diet as well. Change up the things you eat, add a variety so your body doesn't get used to it. If you go to a gym, check out a strength training class. I go to Goodlife Fitness and they offer classes like The Firm & Body Pump. my regular routine at the gym is typically about an hour long, i do about 20-30 mins cardio to warm up, then go do some free weights or circuit, lots of squats and lunges cause your legs are the biggest muscle on your body and will feed on the fat. Finish off with about 5-10 mins on abs (crunches, plank, standing oblique exercises) and then get a good stretch in afterwards. After every workout you want to take in lots of protein. Whey protein shakes are the best, but a good alternative snack high in protein is 1% cottage cheese (15g in 1/2 a cup).