Tummy?? Before/After pics and tips?!

Options
Does anyone have any success stories about turning a flabby stomach into a sexy one?? Before and after pictures appreciated! This area is so stubborn and I feel a little helpless on how to change it... it just will NOT budge! And it's actually giving the illusion that it's growing, because everything else is getting smaller while it stays the same. HELP!!

Replies

• shrinkinglily
    Options
    What are you doing for exercise? Any cardio will help immensely. When you do strength training or running, or anything, engage your core and use it as a source of strength. If you pop out your gut when you do the work, it will stick out more.

Where are you in your weight loss? Are you at goal?

I am big fan of pilates.
  • CalderaGal
    Options
    I hope someone answers your question- i could use the info.
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    u r not alone in that department, i absolutely feel u on that.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am 5'9 I62lbs and still a size 15 and just getting into a 15. Everything is big in the legs and butt but fits in the waist. I am hoping it will eventually go and probably waiting until dead last...
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm not close enough to have this problem, but I know it is a common one and can be overcome. You body chooses to lose when it wants and in what order (not where we want it to), so sometimes tunny is the last to go. From what I've read, though, some people swear by clean eating, others running. Still some go crazy over certain ab workouts but I suspect that a very low body fat % is required (because regardless how built up the muscles are, you can't see them until ALL fat is gone). I've seen great abs at 15%-17% body fat (for men and women respectively).

If you don't require great abs and are just looking for a smaller tummy, that WILL COME IN TIME! Good luck! Don't give up!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I don't know how sexy it is...and I;m a guy...but here ya go :D

IMG_20100904_233259-1-1.jpg

Dinner is ready...will be back to post tips later if you are interested.
  • TOBUNNZYE
    Options
    In the same boat - again - even though I know what works for me, and I just started doing it, for about the 50th time in my life. When you give up the sugar, breads, pasta, white flour - you know where i'm headed - most of the time when the weight loss really starts getting into gear when you give these foods up, the belly fat is affected. additional tummy exercises help too, regardless of what they say. I wear a belt tightly around my waist and do my regular exercises, and just walk around in it, making my tummy contract. believe it or not, those cheap rubber tummy belts help but you have to really use them continuously, not every other day. good luck, and whatever you feel like doing, just do it, and don't listen to what you "can't do" for your tummy. It's your tummy and you just may break a barrier like i did.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Still not done yet but this is how it's going so far! (Goal is to have some amazing abs=)

I agree about having to give up these things: Quote ""When you give up the sugar, breads, pasta, white flour - you know where i'm headed - most of the time when the weight loss really starts getting into gear when you give these foods up, the belly fat is affected"".

bloatedbelly-2.jpg
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add, the before and after was over a years time. The way to a flat tummy is the way to a healthier weight over all.

Here are a few tips I followed along the way:
    · NO SODA, not even diet
    · No alcohol, not even lite (I know, that is hard for many, but at the very least cut it back to one or two drinks a week)
    · Drink TONS of water
    · No refined sugars (don’t worry about sugars in fruit, honey (in moderation), and vegetables)
    · No refined flour (eat pasta and breads that are whole grain and whole wheat instead)
    · Exercise at least 3 days a week, ideally 6 days a week. Even if at the start it is just a short walk, you will gradually increase the intensity until you are going at it full bore. Set times and dates for the workouts, then DO THEM.
    · Set realistic goals. Short term and long term.
    · If you eat meat, then eat lean meat. Lean turkey, extra lean beef, fish, etc
    · Watch the sodium intake. Read the nutrition label before you buy/eat it.
    · Watch the saturated fats
    · Go public with what you are doing. Tell your friends, your enemies, and the person next to you at the checkout in the grocery store. Public accountability is a big motivator.
    · Take pics and measurements of where you are at right now. Pics should be of you in your underwear and from every conceivable angle. Also take some pics of you wearing pants and shirt that you like that are just too tight for you right now.
    · Make sure you are eating the right amount of calories. Too little is just as bad as too much.

I also took some vitamin supplements and used a meal replacement drink, protein bars and DVD workout programs, all of which were a big part of my ability to succeed. But I again want to stress, that the most important part of any get fit plan is YOU. Decide, Commit, Succeed!
    When you give up the sugar, breads, pasta, white flour - you know where i'm headed - most of the time when the weight loss really starts getting into gear when you give these foods up, the belly fat is affected.

Close to what I always say, but more concise than me :D
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add, the before and after was over a years time. The way to a flat tummy is the way to a healthier weight over all.

· NO SODA, not even diet
    · No alcohol, not even lite (I know, that is hard for many, but at the very least cut it back to one or two drinks a week)
    · Drink TONS of water
    · No refined sugars (don’t worry about sugars in fruit, honey (in moderation), and vegetables)
    · No refined flour (eat pasta and breads that are whole grain and whole wheat instead)
    · Exercise at least 3 days a week, ideally 6 days a week. Even if at the start it is just a short walk, you will gradually increase the intensity until you are going at it full bore. Set times and dates for the workouts, then DO THEM.
    · Go public with what you are doing. Tell your friends, your enemies, and the person next to you at the checkout in the grocery store. Public accountability is a big motivator.
    · Take pics and measurements of where you are at right now. Pics should be of you in your underwear and from every conceivable angle. Also take some pics of you wearing pants and shirt that you like that are just too tight for you right now.
    · Make sure you are eating the right amount of calories. Too little is just as bad as too much.

I also took some vitamin supplements and used a meal replacement drink, protein bars and DVD workout programs, all of which were a big part of my ability to succeed. But I again want to stress, that the most important part of any get fit plan is YOU. Decide, Commit, Succeed!
    When you give up the sugar, breads, pasta, white flour - you know where i'm headed - most of the time when the weight loss really starts getting into gear when you give these foods up, the belly fat is affected.

I like!!!! Great tips!!! If it has given you that result, it must work!! (and yes, sexy!)
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i too would love to see some pics.
    My belly is huge while the rest is shrinking. I know it will catch up eventually though.

WOW to Chris, amazing change.
    Goodluck with the strength training, its awesome for building muscle :D
  • Smiles786
    Options
    Thanks for the tops!! I guess it will eventually (hopefully) go. I would like to actually have definition one day and not just a slim tummy... though I would take the slim tummy right now! Thanks for posting the pics! Both of you look great!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Here are my before and semi after...the tummy pic is the other day..STILL a work in progress as I just had my baby within the last year. The first pic is where I started out at about 250 or so. I've basically just ate right, and done moderate cardio, and weights. I used to love doing crunches on the ab ball on cardio days. My cardio I do every other day, and I do HIIT.

me1nj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

imag1142.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If you pop out your gut when you do the work, it will stick out more.

LOL this sounds like something my grandma would say
  • Smiles786
    Options
    Very inspiring, Mustangtiff!!! Thanks for posting!! You look great!
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi, the tummy is usually the last place weight to come off.

I do the plank exercise and hold my tummy in for 1 minute and do this 3 times a day.

I had a baby 3 months ago and my tummy is almost gone! Just have the excess flab to get rid of.

The most important thing also is to eat foods that are great for losing tummy fat i.e. blue berries & salmon. Look up more of these foods online.

Hope this helps. :happy:
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Very inspiring, Mustangtiff!!! Thanks for posting!! You look great!

Awe thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have some dorky during pics! I'm 5'7 for reference

At about 195 lbs, March 2011, before a bad breakup that led to an intense gym month that got me started:

IMG_5424.jpg

At about 175 lbs, September 2011

IMG_54872.jpg

Far from done but I'm most proud of the change in my gut. I did so many different things that I don't really know what to tell you as far as tips. During crazy gym month I did almost every class they offered, so lots of strength and cardio. Following that I've been running 3-5 days a week and basically cycling through half marathon training schedule. I've done strength training with free weights and lots of core work (2-4 days a week) while running. This summer I also hiked and gardened and landscaped. Last spring and this fall I've been in a curling league (GREAT for abs!!) and recently started biking.

And I eat the same stuff, just less of it. Water REALLY helps. When I'm on a road trip or something and I don't drink enough it is IMMEDIATELY evident in my gut.

ETA: Mustang- someday I WILL have your belly. And I mean that in the least creepy way possible. You look frigging amazing!!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    30 day shred, stopped drinking diet soda, try to limit processed foods as much as I can, water (water water water), fiber to keep it moving. The breads, the processed food, the "junk" just clog me up! Lack of enough water really does bloat me immediately. So does high sodium crap food. I'm older and got the freaky gut that won't budge disease. I have a thick waist, but it never packed on like it did in the last 5-10 years. These things helped me, and I thought I was helpless at my age. First I did lots of cardio, then began the toning. This is me after a 3 day binge weekend right after 30 day shred, and after getting nearly to goal on weight. I woulda/coulda had a 6 pac! If a nearly 50 yr old can do it, i know you can. Yes it was the last to go, but it did keep getting smaller.
    sm46Post30DayShred.jpg
    smIMAGE_003.jpg
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options

· NO SODA, not even diet
    · Drink TONS of water

All of the above is EXCELLENT..and..I will say, spend 10 dollars at walmart, get Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...it works.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!