what the heck is going on????

Options
I was doing really good, and then all of the sudden boom it hit me I gained 3 pounds since sat. I did have a cheat day sat afternoon, but I didnt eat THAT much, yesterday I stay within my alotted calories and even went for a walk for 1.25 miles, which I know its not much but I was out moving. I dont understand, this is enough to make me nausated......Thanks for listening to me vent........Tamara

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I was doing really good, and then all of the sudden boom it hit me I gained 3 pounds since sat. I did have a cheat day sat afternoon, but I didnt eat THAT much, yesterday I stay within my alotted calories and even went for a walk for 1.25 miles, which I know its not much but I was out moving. I dont understand, this is enough to make me nausated......Thanks for listening to me vent........Tamara
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    OmG, I just checked your profile, you made incredible progress! You luck stunning!

I can't guess what's going on (tried making guesses a couple of times and failed), so all I can say is: keep up the good work! Do you feel good about the way you've eaten and exercised? If so, forget about the scale! :flowerforyou:

Congrats on the 70lbs (WOOOOW) :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat, I also gained 3 lately! It's frustrating, but, I'm not letting it get me down. I just say "maybe NEXT week" and hope for the best when I get on the scale! Just hang in there, and eventually, you WILL start losing again!
    You've done soooooooo awesome so far, don't let this little set back get you down! :smile:
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: been ther to honey it sucks ....but it will change u will start to lose again.........its just very discouraging thats why we have each other..without that i would have failed but im not and neither r u keep up the good work........:drinker:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Are you more stressed out lately? I know stress will make you hold onto the weight.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Tamara I know you stay busy all the time so it's not like you aren't constantly on the go. You will kick it back in gear. Don't worry too much about it. You can still do this! You have done amazingly well! You are an inspiration to me!
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I've been stressing out this week because the scale won't move. I know I'm doing everything I should and I'm working out a lot more. I also know I'm not supposed to get OCD over the scale but I can't help it! That's why it's OCD!
    I've been checking every day and it hasn't moved since last weigh in. I know it's not gonna magically drop 2 or 3 pounds in the 2 days til next weigh in. I was so excited about getting below 200 and now to come to a screeching halt!!!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I've been stressing out this week because the scale won't move. I know I'm doing everything I should and I'm working out a lot more. I also know I'm not supposed to get OCD over the scale but I can't help it! That's why it's OCD!
    I've been checking every day and it hasn't moved since last weigh in. I know it's not gonna magically drop 2 or 3 pounds in the 2 days til next weigh in. I was so excited about getting below 200 and now to come to a screeching halt!!!
    Mine is down a pound and then right back up to where I was. I guess this week is going to be week my weight won't budge. Guess it had to come sometime. I am also OCD over the scale bad!
  • suprjewels
    Options
    Don't worry about the scale. It could be stress weight like Tampa said. It could be muscle weight. Whatever it is. It's not because you're not working your butt off, literally!!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, its just discouraging as you all know. I also have been having some female issues, I used to have an IUD and they took it out last tuesday and put me on the pill, so one day I will hve my period and the next day I wont so I am battling that also. Thats probably most of it, but you know I am OCD about the scale also, when it does not move I get upset....Thanks for the support everyone...Tamara
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I feel you Familygirl. My IUD really messed me up. Nothing but trouble.
  • annekejohnson
    annekejohnson Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing water weight... I usually balloon up right before my period and then drop after. With you mentioning the female issues I think that's probably the culprit. Plus the hormones from the pills may be causing water weight retention. I'd say forget about the scale and give you body a few days to adjust itself to the new hormone infusion!
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    oh my gosh!!! your doing so good, most likely water gain