MUST VENT ANGER.

Options
Long story short, I was involved in a wreck last year that totaled my car and hardly dented the car of the distracted kid who hit me.

I had never had back or hip pain before then, and spent the next 7 months recovering from the wreck, not being able to lift up my nieces or nephew to play, not being able to take my 20+ mile bike ride. I went through 2.5 months of intensive chiropractic care, and then 18 weeks of PT before finally feeling some semblance of normal.

I spent my 24th birthday laying in bed with a heating pad because of back spasms.

And I spent 15 minutes on the phone with the lady who is handling the kid's insurance, belitting the pain levels and such I was having.

I was so angry I burst into tears after and nearly had a panic attack, which hasn't happened in nearly 2 years.

I need a good physical activity to vent anger.

I can't really run right now because of RAD-- the allergens outside right now drive my allergies nuts.

Creative methods, anyone?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    screaming, yelling, breaking pencils is a pretty darn good way of expressing physical anger.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Tae Bo! Can you do that? Lots of kicks and punches! >=D
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    First off, it sounds like you need an attorney...most of them will handle your claim for a percentage of the settlement.

For your physical activity, do you have any workout DVD's? Kickboxing? Zumba?
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    push ups
    Crunches
    Boxing a pillow
    Jogging in place
    kicking high and alot
    Sorry for your frustration do hope it gets better
    Kimmy
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    The wii boxing helps me and the avatar looks likes a teenage kid
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Water aerobics or swimming is easy on the joints but great exercise for the body and emotions.

Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Get a dart board and put a picture of the make/model of the kid's car and have at it! Not too terribly physically challenging, but it would make me feel better. Have the center point be the logo of his insurance company.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok..........I hate writing because you can't see my face, therefore cannot see me making my mad face. Ok picture it.................I am waiting...............grrrrrrr............Now LAUGH. Laugh hard and long.

The job of the person on the other end of that line is to make you think your injury isn't that bad. It is soft tissue and not worth any money. It is your job to remain calm and prove her otherwise!!.

An attorney can help, but your injury is what it is. The medical paperwork is what makes the case.

Use your anger to tell her what the change in your lifestyle has been in the past year. Time missed from work? Vacations you were goign to take? Dances you missed.

How long did the doctor tell you the pain would last? Do you take meds?

It sucks, but that is how insurance works. You have to prove your case.

PM me if you want to talk. :flowerforyou:
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I also think that you may need to get a lawyer, as for venting your angry how about shadow boxing? good cardio and you should be able to do it. Good Luck
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Getting an attorney would only draw things out more and I am ready to be done with it.

Apparently the documentation my people took down was not thorough enough so its basically my word against written word from months ago.

It's not worth it. I just want to be done.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    Ok..........I hate writing because you can't see my face, therefore cannot see me making my mad face. Ok picture it.................I am waiting...............grrrrrrr............Now LAUGH. Laugh hard and long.

The job of the person on the other end of that line is to make you think your injury isn't that bad. It is soft tissue and not worth any money. It is your job to remain calm and prove her otherwise!!.

An attorney can help, but your injury is what it is. The medical paperwork is what makes the case.

Use your anger to tell her what the change in your lifestyle has been in the past year. Time missed from work? Vacations you were goign to take? Dances you missed.

You made me think. And feel better. Thank you!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

You made me think. And feel better. Thank you!

I am glad I can help.:flowerforyou:
  • FreeDiver87
    Options
    Bikram Yoga

Sweat that anger out!!

Then get an attorney...
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    My Step-Dad will be setting me up with a gun and a full barrel and a target on Friday afternoon. Shooting always helps relax me, so hopefully it'll help.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I wound up boxing a bit and then doing some breathing exercises.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    My Step-Dad will be setting me up with a gun and a full barrel and a target on Friday afternoon. Shooting always helps relax me, so hopefully it'll help.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I wound up boxing a bit and then doing some breathing exercises.

Phew, I was a bit worried at the beginning of that sentence:noway:

:laugh: