High School Weight

Options
12by311
12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
This morning was my weigh in. I'm down 1 pound! I was sooo close to 2 pounds this morning. I don't have a scale that measures tenths, but I know I was close. It kept jumping down to that lower number, then at the last second up to the higher number. I've lost 4 pounds since Jan 5. :smile:

I am now officially at the weight I graduated from high school, when I was definitely the most fit in my life! Only 15 more to go! It's going to be a slow process, but I don't care. Slow and sleady, that's how I lost the 20+ pounds prior to this and kept it off. The way I feel right now, 4 pounds lighter, but NOT bloated, NEVER too full....it's just a GREAT feeling!

Replies

• 12by311
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in. I'm down 1 pound! I was sooo close to 2 pounds this morning. I don't have a scale that measures tenths, but I know I was close. It kept jumping down to that lower number, then at the last second up to the higher number. I've lost 4 pounds since Jan 5. :smile:

I am now officially at the weight I graduated from high school, when I was definitely the most fit in my life! Only 15 more to go! It's going to be a slow process, but I don't care. Slow and sleady, that's how I lost the 20+ pounds prior to this and kept it off. The way I feel right now, 4 pounds lighter, but NOT bloated, NEVER too full....it's just a GREAT feeling!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

:explode:

:drinker: Well done
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

:explode:

:drinker: Well done
  • chickadee10
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • chelseachick
    Options
    good work
    keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • dretm911
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. It amazes me that you are so psyched about your 1 pound weight loss, i wish i could do the same for myself. I'm having a hard time being happy for myself about small goals. I'm so type A and get so mad at myself if i don't loose more more more!!! HELP
  • 12by311
    Options
    dretm911: I lost 23 pounds over the course of a year from 2004-2005. I gained back about 3 pounds but kept the rest off until Jan 5 2009. When I lost those 23 pounds it was super slow and steady. I hit plateaus...which are awful....but part of the process. Crash diets that cause you to "lose a bunch of weight" in 2 weeks time just aren't the answer and usually your body is so deprived that you end up over-eating and gaining back more than you lost!

Be patient and take one day at a time. I find something to be proud of each and every day. Yesterday I went to my grandparents from Sunday lunch (aka HUGE southern comfort food spread) and stayed within my calories for the day. Didn't feel miserable after I ate either like times past. But I really really enjoyed my lunch. So yesterday I was so proud of myself for that.

Good luck!
  • shamm08
    shamm08 Posts: 109
    Options
    Congrat on the weight loss!:drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is so great.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I also hit my high-school weight recently. Actually while I was traveling for business. I called home to tell my wife, she said, "you must be so slim now!" I replied, "well I was fat in high school too!" HA HA HA! But, I'm getting there one good choice at a time!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOO! :drinker: I want to get to my elementary weight! :laugh: Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!