Small (but first) NSV

Options
MeredithRN
MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
Well since I just recently discovered what NSV means *non scale victory* :drinker: I have been looking for them. Especially since with my added weight/strength exercise going on-- my scale isn't moving anymore.

Granted- if you look at my diary:blushing: , its been a rough few weeks and I have been eating bad food even if under my calorie goal... I know substance is important- I just suck at planning my meals lately:frown: .

Anyways:ohwell: - back to the good stuff.

I DO NOT exercise. Can't STAND it! The last few weeks I have been dragging my butt outta bed early before work, going to the gym, doing 20-30 of cardio and 30+ of weights as I know my real issue is also toning. I literally sleep in my sports bra, t shirt, gym pants so that all I have to do is brush my teeth and pull my hair up--- NO excuses!

This morning, was super hard for me, :yawn: but I got up anyways and seriously debated on going while brushing my teeth and pulling my hair up. When I tightened my ponytail this morning in the mirror, my arms flexed and... are you ready for this...

I SAW A BICEP!! :noway: I know this sounds ridiculous, but I have zero upper body strength, never understood the "sexy arms" articles on the magazines, and now... I want them. I have never, not in high school, never never, seen definition in my arms... and I saw it today.

It was just what I needed to motivate me to keep going to the gym. Sorry if you were expecting more... but I was excited!

Welcome to the gun show :wink:

Replies

• susaneec
    susaneec Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is a cool NSV. Way to go!!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    very cool - congrats! and i LOVE the idea of sleeping in the workout clothes - - i cracked up, but ...pretty damn good idea!
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    That's such a great feeling! Congrats!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :)
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    very cool - congrats! and i LOVE the idea of sleeping in the workout clothes - - i cracked up, but ...pretty damn good idea!

Thanks Everyone!

Yeah... its hard enough for me to actually exercise, let alone get out of a comfy bed to exercise, and to convince myself out of comfy pajamas... thats just TOO much for me! I try to stop my obstacles before they start ;-D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!