Morning or Night?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I found waking up at 3:45 a.m. And start walking at 4:45 a.m. Works best for me even though it's still dark out. But it's still cooler in the early mornings and not crowded. I am not usually a morning person but I found I am too tired at the end of my work day. Sometimes my day does end until 9 or 10 p.m. Lol...lost 40 lbs so far....do what works best for you.
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like to workout in the morning, even if it's just a light walk or jog. Usually I hit up the gym mid-afternoon though so that's when I get the most work done. :)
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5 am I get up and go.
    If I don't it means I miss out, as I have to work around my husband going to work since we have 2 young children. And I hate going at dinner time, as I feel guilty for not eating with my family. It didn't take long to get used to.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I do my weights in the morning and my cardio everyday at lunch weather permitting and will walk to the train after work weather permitting. I have no interest in walking over a mile while it is pouring rain. The non weather permitting days I try and hit the gym after work for some cardio.
  • LaurenH2010
    Options
    if only working out did not involve showering afterwards!!

HaHaHa I totally agree with you there, that's why I have always been more prone to working out in the morning. My BF likes to do his at night and I am really trying to encourage him to get back into shape. I appreciate everyone's responses as it gives me food for thought.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    98% of the time I workout at night. All due to convenience and the fact that I am NOT a morning person, the more sleep for me the better! Although I woudl love to start working out in the morning to benefit my metabolism. If you start your day with exercise you've got better metabolism during the day! :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Always morning for me..... I just get up and go without thinking too much about it in the morning, but in the afternoon there is all day to come up with a better idea than going for a run!
  • CaptainSwab
    Options
    Saturday in the morning because I dont have to wake up early for work.
    Sunday in the morning because that's when my running club meets.
    Weekdays in the evenings.
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    I workout at night only because that is the only time I have. I would love to workout in the morning and get it over with but my schedule doesn't really permit that. Therefore, to keep myself motivated, I go to classes at the gym. I take spin seven days a week and bodypump three days a week. Being in a classroom environment keeps you motivated and pushes you to do better. I love the atmosphere and the instructors are fabulous. Which ever way you wanna do it go for it. Just make sure someone is expecting you to be there so that you don't find an excuse to get out of it