Stronger, Better, Faster......Jan 26th

Options
I'M BACK!!!!!!!! :drinker:

I took a week off because I was getting obsessed and depressed about the scale. I decided to eat like I wanted to (and I learned very quickly when I over ate!) and worked on my workout challenge! I was surprised at how much I craved good, healthy food and actually I was a little down (but not quite a pound) since I stopped counting.

So today I'm back to counting calories.
Downing the water - it's so hard when it's cold outside!
and sticking to my goal for miles (today is 15 miles on the bike!)

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'M BACK!!!!!!!! :drinker:

I took a week off because I was getting obsessed and depressed about the scale. I decided to eat like I wanted to (and I learned very quickly when I over ate!) and worked on my workout challenge! I was surprised at how much I craved good, healthy food and actually I was a little down (but not quite a pound) since I stopped counting.

So today I'm back to counting calories.
    Downing the water - it's so hard when it's cold outside!
    and sticking to my goal for miles (today is 15 miles on the bike!)
  • jenniferjames
    Options
    Everyone deserves a break, but now you are focused and back on track so good luck and keep up the good work.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Renae,
    Glad you are back. Yes, we all need a break some times!
    I didn't do so well over the weekend but oh well. Today's a new day. I will get back to counting today and I will try not to grumble about it. I would have been fine this weekend except that I made cookies for our company on Saturday and I ate a lot of them. I sent them to work with DH, though I kept a few to give to Alex. I won't eat them!
    I am going to go on another no sweets challenge. I am not sure when we will start, as my DH wants to do it with me. He doesn't have a problem with it like I do, but he wants to be supportive. I don't know how long we will do it for either. I am thinking at least 3 weeks. I am going to try to start today unofficially.
    Today is some kind of work out. Taebo, wii, or Shred. I'm not motivated again so it will be whatever I can get myself to do. I also have push ups and sit ups to do. I slacked off a little last week! And I need to drink my water to wash out all the junk I ate this weekend!
    I hope you all have a good Monday!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I might join your no sweets challenge after Feb 7th - MM. This week is my "birthday week" (little explanation - my friend once said "you can't pick on me, it's my birthday week" - birthday's have never been the same since - also, we have friends that don't see each other :grumble: - so we have days that we go out with one group of friends and days we go out with another, then there's going out with the family - so it turns into a birthday week). Also, the big dinner last Sat got moved, since husband wasn't feeling well, to Feb 7th. After Feb 7th, I will go 2 weeks with no dessert. Remind me.:laugh:

I posted on Sat some ideas to keep people motivated. My favorite was paying yourself to: exercise, eat right, whatever. So you could give yourself $10 an hour for exercise. The calendar on the fridge works well for me as well.

Yesterday - had jerk in yoga class. He said "yeah, all the teachers here are different, except for Mary and Karuna (my teacher), they are just alike." I think he is one of those people who enjoy insulting others. I will have to dig deep to find my compassion for people like that, knowing that they are really just insecure and lonely. Went for a walk yesterday as well.

Today, gym and yoga.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I'm doing the non sweets thing, if I want something sweet, it's frozen grapes for me:wink:
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :drinker:

You go!

:glasses:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start paying myself to exercise. For every 30 minutes, I'm giving myself 5 dollars.

I'm trying to be careful with my spending, but there are some "want-needs" I have. For example, my spring coat has seen seriously better days (and it's at least a size too big) . . .but I don't NEED a new coat, but I "want-need" it. It's what I call semi-sensible yet technically not emergency purchases. So, I'll use my exercise salary to buy things.

I'm losing (have lost?) my mojo and I'm willing to try anything. I don't know that I've gained weight, but I've certainly lost momentum.

I also started tracking calories again today. . .not so much to restrict, but to make myself aware. And I've stopped putting exercise on the calendar and I'm not thinking "Monday is yoga day", but trying to get 30 minutes of something in every day (even if it's just a walk home from the subway).

When the strike is over, I'm seriously re-dedicating myself. I'm looking forward to the possible pound-blasting shock my body goes into!:wink:

Take care, ladies.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Yesterday - had jerk in yoga class. He said "yeah, all the teachers here are different, except for Mary and Karuna (my teacher), they are just alike." I think he is one of those people who enjoy insulting others. I will have to dig deep to find my compassion for people like that, knowing that they are really just insecure and lonely.

I was having a remarkably similar conversation about an individual I come into contact with. I was trying to find good in the person, or think about why it is that he is the way he is. . .and my (very wise) friend said "or. . .he could just be an a-hole." I laughed so hard I forgot why the person had upset me. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.:wink:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    update. . .I just did ten dollars worth of yoga. :laugh:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    $15 yoga, $10 cardio :wink: