Low Calorie, Low Sodium, Low Carb = Big Taste??

Options
Bes997
Bes997 Posts: 10 Member
So, due to being on Prednisone I have to watch my carbs and sodium intake along with my calories... Having a hard time trying to get some variety when planning my meals. Anyone have any suggestions to help me out? I spend lots of time looking for recipes, then have to alter them to reduce one of the three. Anyone know of a good book maybe? Thanks for any help.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    invest in the cookbook Make It Paleo. It is chocked full of wholesome, nutritious recipes and the Paleo ways tends to be lower carb b/c it cuts out a lot of the fillers (rice, bread, pasta, etc)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    invest in the cookbook Make It Paleo. It is chocked full of wholesome, nutritious recipes and the Paleo ways tends to be lower carb b/c it cuts out a lot of the fillers (rice, bread, pasta, etc)
    I need to get that. I just listened to an interview with the authors and it sounds amazing. And I heard the photos are inspiring. I love good food photography.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    try mrs. Dash seasoning you can them sodium free and they are always msg free :)
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Another one to look for that will fit the bill is the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Recipe Book.
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    Just downloaded the Make It Paleo cookbook, looks YUMMY! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Bes997
    Bes997 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I just looked up the book and it does look amazing. I also see everyone gives it 5 stars... Thanks again!
    :smile: