Spinach Does Not Change Taste of Shake...

Options
FYI... If you add spinach to your favorite shakes, it does NOT change the flavor AT ALL! No matter how much you add it does nothing to flavor. It only adds nutrients. It is flavorless when raw in a shake. I get my veggie by adding that to my chocolate, dreamscicle, vanilla, pumpkin, etc. shakes.

It does turn the color green but that is it!

Replies

• amoondaTHEmoose
    Options
    I have added it to my smoothies in the morning but Ive been afraid to add very much.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I can taste it but that is likely because I LOVE raw spinach and enjoy noticing it. :)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I add spinach to my tuna spread and it is not discernible there either....it's just smelly when cooked! Great idea...I do love raw spinach!
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that the other day. I even add frozen green beans and broccoli and nothing. Can't taste it at all. :happy:
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Lots of smoothies and shakes and even ice creams are made here with baby spinach in it. The recipe for low sugar chocolate chip mint ice cream is posted in my recipes and it has spinach in it.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I always put spinach in my smoothies. :) I buy lots of spinach when it's on sale then put it in the freezer to add to my smoothies.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I always put spinach in my smoothies. :) I buy lots of spinach when it's on sale then put it in the freezer to add to my smoothies.

Hmmm... I never thought about putting it in the freezer....
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I buy the organic baby spinach from Costco literally by the case and throw them in the freezer. We always add spinach or broccoli to our smoothies and you really can't taste it. Makes me feel so good though!