it happened again

Options
the last time, as soon as I reached a mini goal (going from a size 16 to an almost size 12 that didnt quite zip up) I lost my momentum. I didnt eat right for almost a week. Basically went off my diet, though I didnt over eat. And I stopped exercising. And it happened to me again. When I was able to finaly finish zipping up the size 12 dress and it went on like a dream and the seamstress said at my fitting not to loose any more weight. I determined that I was going to keep going cuz well it is only two weeks and that is what 2-4 lbs it wont hurt and I could use the wiggle room in case I bloat for my tom and what if I gain instead! And I want to be more toned. But no matter how much I council myself and how much I tell myself that I am going to work out. I cant seem to make myself do it and I ate RANCH on my salad today! And had a supreme crousont from jack in the box for breakfast! and home made pumpkin pancakes for dinner. WTH is wrong with me! I have 11 days to get back on track. To get rid of the muffin top on my back above my strapless dress. Help

Replies

• kathlene35
    Options
    OK, so one day, you'll be ok. Think of how great you will feel on your special day. You can do it, give yourself a night to get through it and back on track again tomorrow. Plan ahead, you can do it. Remember what worked in the past and try to find that same motivation and the same plan to get through just one day at a time.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    If you were just fitted for that dress three days ago and you're already not fitting into it, it's artificial weight. You should not be seeing muffin top in your dress. Drink lots of water, watch the sodium, and that bloat will go away. I don't care how bad you ate over those couple days, you did not eat enough to get that far off track. Just get back on track and you'll be fine. Recognizing that you have gone off track is the first step, and you seem to have done that, now get yourself back on track. That's all there is to it! :)
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    firstly congrats on the wedding dress fitting. I'm sure that's a big sigh of relief. and Secondly, you need to stop stressing yourself out. Refocus yourself and stop beating yourself up over little things like ranch.

Add in some basic things around the house that burn calories. I do lunges from the living room to the back door to let the dogs in and out. ( Yeah, they get to the door before me and have to cross their little legs but they'll wait) I also park further away from the entrance at work, take the stairs all those little things count.

Your doing a fantastic job and have certainly gotten results. So love yourself for what you have done thus far, but continue to love yourself for the things you will learn to maintain!

:-D now cheer up!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Well done on your great success!

You do sound quite stressed at the moment (not surprising!) so I suggest doing whatever you can to relax, wind down, nurture yourself etc.

And also, think about what's triggering your choices? Why did you go to Jack in the Box for breakfast? Lack of time? No healthy food in the house? tempted by thoughts like 'I deserve it' or 'it won't matter' or 'I'll work it off' (and then you don't)?

Good luck and remember to breathe!
  • hmoss619
    hmoss619 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Its too late to change what has already happened. All you can control now is what you do from here on out! Tomorrow its back to the grindstone, even if you have to literally force yourself to get back on track. Its not easy but so worth it! Just picture the end result, and how you want to look, and I bet you fimd your motivation :)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    No I am just REALLY big busted and still have a bit of that flabby back that older women get and so it pooched a little and I didnt like it but the dress still fit perfectly. The dress is at the seamstress getting the bustle done so i dont know how it fits now. I just need to get back into my 30DS so I look toned. It has been so long that I guess I need to start over on level one again
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Well done on your great success!

You do sound quite stressed at the moment (not surprising!) so I suggest doing whatever you can to relax, wind down, nurture yourself etc.

And also, think about what's triggering your choices? Why did you go to Jack in the Box for breakfast? Lack of time? No healthy food in the house? tempted by thoughts like 'I deserve it' or 'it won't matter' or 'I'll work it off' (and then you don't)?

Good luck and remember to breathe!

No healthy food in the house, hungry and lack of time and had just droped my son at school and knew that my fiance would like an iced coffee since lately I have been to busy to do the little things to make him feel appreciated i thought I would get him some breakfast and got some for myself also. Oh and there was the plan that since I had the day off i thought I would be doing a grueling work out and it didnt happen cuz with kids everything takes 3 times as long as it should. But just went to the grocery store and tomorrow I am back on track have my "go to" breakfast foods again and my snacks and trying not to stress. though right now if feels like I am barely breathing