Need help with filling afternoon snack

Options
2»

Replies

• az82
    az82 Posts: 152
    Options

As for the humus at cosco, I have a bjs membership, do they have it there? what section is it in?

I don't know about BJs but I live in MA too, and occasionally go to to the Costco in Stoughton (I see that you live close to there)...which is actually where I found the individual hummus cups. At Costco, they have the individual hummus cups (by Sabre) where they keep the other hummus, yogurt, etc. somewhat close to the produce. You should definitely check this area out at BJs and see if they have it.
  • wyangel
    wyangel Posts: 36
    Options
    my afternoon snack is 16 wheat thins (130cals) and one Laughing cow wedge(35cals). it normally holds me over til i eat dinner.

I love Laughing Cow with Triscuits. Mmmmm
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    hmmm....I had a bowl of cereal when I got home, it seemed to help a little, at least it gave me some will power to avoid eating everything else while I was cooking. I need to eat something sooner. These are great ideas. I love trisciuts. Never tried laughing cow cheese or babybel...they are now on my shopping list. As well as greek yogurt, though I might just pick up one at the store near me today just to try it out. I love hummus too, and will look for the portable containers at BJs.
    Thank you so much for all the suggestions everyone! I'm sick of my hunger time ruining my attempts at losing weight. Trying to find a solution so I don't overeat later :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I've tried nuts and fruit but this didn't seem to work (I was still starving at 5pm wheb heading home). Now I have Greek yogurt + fruit and it fillls me up until dinner!
  • cptnjck0209
    cptnjck0209 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A medium banana with some fat free vanilla yogurt over it. Tastes like a dessert without all the calories =D
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    PS I still can't drop the coffee...I haven't been feeling well the past week, the heat from the coffee is helping my throat and sinuses. I will try to get a less fattening coffee, but I actually don't like coffee very much, its the caffeine and warmth that I like >:-D
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I feel like I need to feel FULL for awhile, I'll have a bowl of Quaker oatmeal with some cinnamon and a few raisins. Drink some water or tea with it and it will fill you up with the fiber etc. It will keep you going for a long time. Who says it just has to be for breakfast? :-)
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    If your lunch is at 11:30am and you don't eat again until dinner then of course you would be hungry. Lot's of great ideas here for you and I would suggest having your snack at 2:30-3pm each day (something portable at your desk). An apple and almonds works for me...also try upping your protein throughout the day (especially breakfast) so that it fills you up. Good luck to you - you can do this!!!
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you have to play with at that time?

How about making a wrap? Make some Chicken or Egg salad - and put it on a wrap to take with you. I tend to "bulk up" my chicken/egg salads by adding lots of veggies. I add a ton of celery, some finely chopped carrots, even zucchini sometimes. I like to add apple to my chicken salad as well.

Sweet Potato Chips are also filling. Slice your sweet potato very thin and toss with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle with Chili Powder and bake at 350 until crisp. Let cool, stick em in a baggie and it's a low cal/high fiber snack.

While you're cooking dinner, you need to have a premade snack available. How about carrots and hummus? Celery and low fat cream cheese? Veggies and low fat ranch?

My guess is that your blood sugar is crashing about that time and you're so far in the hole that you can't climb out. The other thing is... what are you generally eating for lunch? Is it something with many textures? OR are you eating something with one constant texture?

Some great ideas there :drinker:

Eat some cold boiled egg whites with low fat or fat free mayo and a slice of brown bread (or pre-make it and put it all in a tupperware for on-the-go snack) egg whites keep me full for a lot longer than any other snacks.