Scales

Options
how do you keep from jumping on it everyday? I have like this addiction to weighing myself, then I get down on myself if I go up a little, but my weekly weigh in's are going down. It's like I just HAVE to know, when I really don't

Also who has a really accurate one? I have a Weight Watchers one, that I can get on and it says one thing, then get back on like 2 sec later and it's up or down a pound or two

Replies

• sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    how do you keep from jumping on it everyday? I have like this addiction to weighing myself, then I get down on myself if I go up a little, but my weekly weigh in's are going down. It's like I just HAVE to know, when I really don't

Also who has a really accurate one? I have a Weight Watchers one, that I can get on and it says one thing, then get back on like 2 sec later and it's up or down a pound or two
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Discipline is the only thing that works... I used to be like that too (checking every day) but when you think about it, you should be targeting 1-2 lbs/week weight loss (at the most) so are you really going to see a change day to day? No...

So now I just do Mondays. That's it. (Keeps me eating good on Sundays too ,knowing whats coming the next morning!)

As far as scales go, my advice - and lots of others - is to go analog, and drop the digital. I know when I had a digital my weight would fluctuate a pound or more from minute to minute. Drove me crazy trying to figure out what I was. Went back to a cheap analog, and guess what, it says the same thing five times iof I get off and on it five times. :bigsmile:

So, go analog!

:glasses:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have that one too and it pisses me off. How the heck can it tell me my body fat% by standing on it? I don't get it. What a waste of $. Says by body fat% is 30%-that's obese. I'm 148 lbs! Anyone know of a better scale? I learned to stay off of that darn thing daily cause it just got me down for the day and discouraged. Women and hormones, water retention, need ing to "poo"- too many reasons to do the weekly thing and hope for the best.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I have the same addiction and I'm driving myself crazy. This week the scale hasn't moved and it's really freaking me out since I upped my workout levels and frequency. I thought I would see a huge drop and NOTHING!!!
    My scale is regular dial one, which I don't think I like.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Try putting it where you don't see it when you walk into the room, say the closet.
  • sarabear
    Options
    Try putting it where you don't see it when you walk into the room, say the closet.

Think I'll try weighing myself like that picture!
  • Beccera
    Beccera Posts: 10
    Options

That's what I do. Out of sight, out of mind (unless you think about it...)
  • mommy_of_3_boys
    Options
    I have a really good digital scale that my hubby bought me from Walgreens.. for $10! I get on it about 6 times when I weigh myself & it always says the same number! It's glass.. the brand is Wexford.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i have the same walgreens 10$ scale and it never varies. I also test it once in awhile by putting a weight on it to see if it reads the same lbs and the weight is....
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    I get so discouraged if I weigh myself everyday. Even if the scale only went up by .03 then I get upset and run an extra 3 miles or something. I only weigh myself twice a week now which is a huge change for me. I used to weigh myself twice a day. Talk about OCD! When I buy a new scale I just use one of my 5 or 10 pound dumbells to test its accuracy.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, have for about three years, ever since I started trying to lose weight. The only time I don't weigh is when we're on vacation...I refuse to take the scale with me. I don't think I'm addicted to weighing, I just couldn't weigh once a week. You just have to find what works good for you without driving you crazy.:smile: I have a Health-O-Meter scale that I got at Target for around $30. It's digital and weighs the same every time I get on it. I mean that I can get on and off three or four times and it will read the same weight, as long as I'm standing in the same spot. It also has the body fat percentage but I know it's not accurate so I don't pay attention to it. All I have to do is look at myself & I know I have body fat. The analog didn't work for me, when I bent over to look at my weight the needle would move. :grumble:
  • sarabear
    Options
    I have a really good digital scale that my hubby bought me from Walgreens.. for $10! I get on it about 6 times when I weigh myself & it always says the same number! It's glass.. the brand is Wexford.
  • sarabear
    Options
  • sarabear
    Options
    Thanks think I'll head to Walgreens at lunch!
  • sarabear
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks on the Wexford scale! Bought one yesterday and I was down! I tried my WW one and it said like 6 pound heavier one time, then 3 heavier, then 1 lighter. I got on the Wexford three times and it said the same thing everytime! Don't buy the Weight Watcher Scale, they are REALLY BAD:mad: . Here I thought I wasn't dropping or was going up! :explode:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much everyday I just can not help it. lol
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    your not asking me, right?smiley-ashamed004.gif