Kettle Worx?

Options
I just saw the informercial this morning for the Kettle Worx system. The infomercial advertised this system for approximately $90. It included 10 dvd's and 1 kettle bell. I was quite intrigued by what I saw and am looking for more information on it.

I searched the forums before posting this and also read a lot of reviews about it on Amazon.

What I am looking for is the following information:

1) Have you used this program and had results from it?
2) If you use this program what do you think about it? Honestly think about it?
3) Is there anything you do not like about this program?
4) I read some reviews that complained about the editing of the dvds. Reviewers complained that the workout is segments that are pieced together. Do you find this to be true? Is it extremely any annoying?
5) One review I read said the workout is very fast paced. Do you think it is too fast paced to keep up with?
6) Any pros and cons about this system?
7) What are some other workouts on the market that have a good reputation and involve kettle bells? *see note below
8) Are kettle bells more effective/ better than using regular hand weights? If so why?

Any additional input is greatly appreciated.

***No offense to any of her fans, but please do not suggest of Jillian Michaels' workouts. I don't know why but I find her extremely irritating. Almost as irritating as Denise Austin :grumble:***

Thanks a bunch.

~Jeanette

Replies

• FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Kettle Worx is WONDERFUL! And if you do it faithfully, you WILL see results. The workouts themselves aren't that long at all - maybe 20-30 minutes in length. They're also quite easy to do! After the first workout, I felt the burn I earned and saw results after 1 week, which I thought was good.

I stopped using it because I grew bored, so I sold it. Much success to you though!

And I believe you're right about Jillian. I had her Wii version and had to sell it because she got on my nerve when she CONTINUOUSLY said, "I didn't come to you - you came to me!" I kept telling her to shut up, but she didn't listen so I sold her too! :bigsmile:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding. Did you find anything about the workout that you honestly did not like? The informercial made it look really good but I became concerned when I read some reviews on amazon about the editing.

Your Jillian comment made me crack up! :laugh: My bestie told me about 30 Day Shred. I found it on netflix and previewed it before deciding to buy it. I put it right back in the envelope and sent it back. She just got under my skin to the point I wanted to smack her. I was sad because everyone raves about her and really wanted to like her/ her workout too....but couldn't.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No, there's nothing that is especially annoying. Ryan's approach is very lighthearted and real. I mean, there are a couple of bloopers, but I didn't think anything of them because it made me realize how realistic it was.

I didn't like the shoulder rolls or whatever you call them, but that's just me. Overall, I have nothing but positive reviews for Ryan Shannahan and the Kettle Worx dvd's. Check to see if you can find them on Craigslist or something first... That way, you may save some money - just a suggestion.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info and suggestions! :flowerforyou: