A Day in the Life of a former 500lb man - Scary Diary Entry

Options

Replies

• TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's like double the amount of calories I need to add weight.
    But I think it's a true testament of your character that you've made such a monumental change to your life.

I know PLENTY of people who would have
    a) Made excuses and continued
    b) Given up.

Seriously, well done.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    You've come such a long way!! You're so awesome!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    That's frickin INCREDIBLE! i am thankful you were able to turn that around. I wanna re-post this for other friends on here to read.
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good job on coming to terms to what you were doing with your body! It can be a real shocker, but instead of dwelling on it, I can see that it has motivated you to change. That's wonderful!

I used to eat all of my days recommended calories in one sitting by getting the supersized portion of whatever I was eating at fast food. I'd eat a light breakfast, if I ate any at all. Then I'd have a large fast food meal at 12 another one at 6 and another one when I got off work at 1030. When I finally figured out how much just one of those meals was, I was shocked. I knew it was fattening, but I didn't know how much!! And I've always guzzled coke and pepsi like there was no tomorrow. I'm still struggling with that! I've gotten it down to 1 may 1 1/2 a day but it's a struggle!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    WTG Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You are incredible, Gary. Don't ever forget that. You inspire me every.single.day. to be a better person. You are THE example of what we should all be. Keep it up!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Gary, you continue to inspire and amaze me daily.
  • tamalalia
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your incredible success! It is truly inspiring. The scariest thing about your former diet is that it is actually quite typical of many American diets. You can find each of these meals at any restaurant.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow.....congrats on being able to fully face that and post it for everyone to see. You have come so far and it really is amazing to watch you on your journey. Keep it up!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Your success is amazing!
  • alina726
    alina726 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    you are an amazing inspiration! Congratulations on your new life!
  • Gspice3
    Gspice3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job with the weightloss! What an inspiration :)
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I can't even tell you how inspiring it is to see that .... and then look at your ticker and see how far you've come. It makes me feel like *I* can do it too! :)

Thank you for sharing, and I hope you are SO INCREDIBLY PROUD of yourself and the changes you've made - the years you've added back onto your life. Congratulations for all you've accomplished, and all you are continuing to accomplish every single day that you make healthier choices.

You're amazing. :)
  • kenzysmom
    Options
    What a great inspiration you are!

I recently had a conversation with my trainer (who's awesome at the fitness, not so much with the nutrition end of it) and I was telling her my struggle to eat all my calories in a healthy way when I am allotted so much to start with because of my weight and then I work out really hard at the gym. When I told her that my BMR was 3000 calories a day she was shocked and asked me how many calories I was eating a day before and I just assured her it was a LOT more! This puts that statement in perspective! Thank you for sharing with us!!!
  • nothingisred
    Options
    Absolutely incredible! Congratulations!
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow!! How's that for a wake up call? You rock!
  • herillusion
    herillusion Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Gary you truly are an inspiration to me and so many others. Congrats on your new lifestyle!
  • FitHitTheShan80
    Options
    WOW!!! Gary, you have come sooooo far!!!! Thanks for sharing..as always I love your stories!!! You are an inspiration to soooo many people and we just adore the person you are inside just as much as the outside and I am so glad to have the pleasuring of knowing you and your story!!! :)) You totally kick *kitten*, my friend!!!
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what sold me on this site a year ago. I figured out my daily calories and it was exactly the same as yours. And yes, mine was just an average day too. Way over that a lot of the time.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! It is astonishing how we.....(I) didn't stop to think about what I was eating before. As someone stated earlier, I probably ate a day's worth of calories in one meal! I am so proud of you for having the willpower to turn your lifestyle around and achieving your goals. Keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!