Joined yesterday looking for friends

KimR87
KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
I joined this site yesterday when one of my friends mentioned it on facebook and so far I really like it. My favorite thing is being able to monitor the food I think that will help alot. I've tried joining gyms and losing weight before and it never really worked out but this time I am trying to do this on my own terms and will be working out at home and at zumba classes so I think it will work out. I would like to find more friends on here to keep me motivated. Right now my goal is to lose 80 pounds and once i've hit that I may decide to lose more.

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    I love this site! To be surrounded by people that have similar goals and struggles is FAB-U-LOUS! When I am feeling down I read a post and it picks me up... Feel free to add me if you want and together we CAN all DO THIS!!!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Feel free to add me if you like. I try to get on here as much as I can. I have some of the greatest support around me on here and in my day-to-day life and try to help others when I can. Good luck on this great journey! :)

Barb
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Welcome!! This site is awesome :happy: I have so much support on here and even though I haven't managed to lose much weight yet - I've learnt a lot about what foods I should avoid and how to up my activity levels. Feel free to friend me and good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Welcome to the MFP family, this is an Awesome site and you'll reach no goals if you are committed and come here often.
    Feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • I'm looking for friends too so feel free to add me. :)
  • Welcome! As of today I have been on here for one week and I absolutely love the support you can get from everyone. Feel free to add me, it really is easier when you have people helping motivate you and all to reach the same goal of being healthier.
  • Welcome! Its a great site to keep track of your food an exercise and I have received so much encouragement for people from all over the world on this site - you cant beat it!! I'm from Toronto Canada - feel free to add me and I promise to support you on your journey!!! :)

Enjoy the new life your creating for yourself

Lorraine
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Thanks everyone for the quick replys I've added all of you. I really think things will be better this time around.