What is your hobby?

drpurl
drpurl Posts: 190 Member
I garden in the summer and in winter I knit. What do you enjoy doing?

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    building my body
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    My hobby is having hobbies. Seriously, it gets out of hand.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    skating, scrapbooking, cross-stitch, reading, and sleep...
  • My hobbies change weekly. Mid life crisis. lol
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    I have several.

Photography
    knitting
    reading
    writing
    painting
    gardening
    hiking
  • Drawing, painting, playing the piano, doing vintage hair and makeup, and gaming (ps3). I also used to knit a lot, I'd love to get back into that.....
  • My favorite hobby is a tie between 4 things... drawing (using my Wacom), watching anime, listening to hard rock/heavy metal, and eating.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    oh, hobbies! My husband says I have crafting ADD.

- knitting (obsessed!--btw, OP have you seen ravelry.com -- I mean in case you need something besides MFP to eat up all the time you would otherwise waste by sleeping?)

designing costuming, sewing, painting, jewelry, pottery, cooking, baking, decorating, cycling, SUP, spin, dancing (belly, samba, African, Bollywood, Latin, ballroom, contra, ballet), singing . . .

there must be more, but it's early . . .
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    I love taking photos... I think i'm pretty good at it too. :bigsmile:
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Calligraphy Ink and pen artwork. I work on it in the winter when business slows down and then I put my works up in galleries during the summer months:)
    Other hobbies: cooking, gardening, gaming out, and hiking in the dunes at our state park:)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    i'm a new cake decorater! love love love it.. it get's me so stressed but man i love the adrenaline rush i get from it!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Troll
  • I love taking photos... I think i'm pretty good at it too. :bigsmile:

You should get a DeviantArt account for your photography. My girl's friend takes nature photos and turns them into calendars, coffee mugs, canvas prints, etc. and sells them. I'd be doing the same thing with my drawings, but I don't think that a lot of my stuff is good enough to do that with yet.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    My hobby is having hobbies. Seriously, it gets out of hand.

This is along the lines of what I was going to say. The things I try to do include mostly artsy or crafty things, tho.
  • Reading, it's ridiculous I have about 20 books to get through at the moment.

And of course the gym!

I like films too, and fashion, spend too much time watching catwalks, reading fashion magazines and all that.
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    oh, hobbies! My husband says I have crafting ADD.

- knitting (obsessed!--btw, OP have you seen ravelry.com -- I mean in case you need something besides MFP to eat up all the time you would otherwise waste by sleeping?)

designing costuming, sewing, painting, jewelry, pottery, cooking, baking, decorating, cycling, SUP, spin, dancing (belly, samba, African, Bollywood, Latin, ballroom, contra, ballet), singing . . .

there must be more, but it's early . . .
    I am on Ravelry too - drpurl What is your handle?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    writing - though i do hope to get paid for this again.
    reading
    knitting
    hiking - this is new to me. this is my first, enjoyable, get-up-and-move thing
    learning to play guitar - note that i do NOT say "playing the guitar" but rather LEARNING to... yes, i'm THAT bad at it. :-D
    costume making - but only rarely or when a friend needs something for ren faire or halloween.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Knitting/crocheting/making friendship bracelets
    Managing Etsy shop (that sells said bracelets)
    Watching series (while making bracelets)
    Cooking
    Reading
    Posting on forums ;-)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    I love taking photos... I think i'm pretty good at it too. :bigsmile:

You should get a DeviantArt account for your photography. My girl's friend takes nature photos and turns them into calendars, coffee mugs, canvas prints, etc. and sells them. I'd be doing the same thing with my drawings, but I don't think that a lot of my stuff is good enough to do that with yet.

I do Portrait photograhy... I've been thinking about putting a calander together of all the Hott girls I've photographed for the Boys.. and the buff manly men for the ladies.... but I just havent gotten around to it.
    Plus i dont know if it would be worth it....?
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    Building horror creatures with my hubby