Miracle Noodles

Options
Have you tried them yet? I just stumbled across them and am thinking of placing and order and giving them a try. I mean zero everything? How odd, but fantastic if they don't taste icky!! :)

Replies

• _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    They smell sooooo bad!!!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Where did you find them Mindy?
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    They're a great way to get sauce in your mouth. However, they DO smell terrible. And on their own, they taste almost as bad as they smell. I wouldn't recommend them, to be honest. I have a multi pack that's been sitting in my pantry for a few months now, just taking up space.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Call me when Miracle Beer comes out...
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    They smell sooooo bad!!!

Only until you rinse them and boil them. They are great for noodle salads because they hold up in the dressing for days.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    OMG! I LOVE these!! They are my new fave!! Here is a link to a recipe I use along with a link to the site. But you can order off Amazon with free shipping. It's all in the prep work!!
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees/244922-shiratake-bowl-using-miracle-noodles.html
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Where did you find them Mindy?

www.miraclenoodle.com
  • chosengiver
    Options

LMAO :D
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Are those the shirataki noodles? Heard about them but never tried.
  • KeepItOff4Life
    Options
    OMG! I LOVE these!! They are my new fave!! Here is a link to a recipe I use along with a link to the site. But you can order off Amazon with free shipping. It's all in the prep work!!
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees/244922-shiratake-bowl-using-miracle-noodles.html

Yep, I ordered mine from Amazon too. They came really quick. My first try, ugh...gross. The texture was a little difficult to get used to. BUT, a few people on MFP told me to use them in a stir fry, beef and broccoli, and it really was good!
  • chosengiver
    Options
    Are those the shirataki noodles? Heard about them but never tried.

They are Shirataki Noodles, similar to "glass noodles" and they are really good, imo.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options

LOL Scott I will keep you posted hon!!!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    They do smell bad, but once you rince them and cook them, then the smell goes away for the most part. I made some Shirataki noodles last night and mixed in some Classico Light Alfredo, but up chicken bits and a tablespoon of spinach and artichoke dip. Heated it up over the stove and got it all hot...it tasted so good!

A great altrenative for me when the hubby wants pasta for dinner...and takes no extra time hardly for me to make my Shirataki noodles and him regular!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Let me know if you like them Mindy :) I would totally give them a try. :)
  • nani726
    nani726 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ive tried them and yes they do stink! and i couldnt get past the texture, must be a mental thing! lol

i found mine at my local chinese/asian store, they're called shirataki noodles and were about $2 a pack, not bad considering a whole pack is 40cals! lol