Replacement windows...

Options
vanessaclarkgbr
vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive, double-pane, energy-efficient kind.

Today, I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He complained that the work had been completed a year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

Hellloooo,............just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales guy told me last year... that these windows would pay for themselves in a year,,, Helllooooo? It's been a year, so they're paid for, I told him.. There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally hung up. He never called back.

I bet he felt like an idiot.

Replies

• goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you're my hero!
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha! Thanks for the morning chuckle!
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    LOL...funny :laugh:
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive, double-pane, energy-efficient kind.

Today, I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He complained that the work had been completed a year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

Hellloooo,............just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales guy told me last year... that these windows would pay for themselves in a year,,, Helllooooo? It's been a year, so they're paid for, I told him.. There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally hung up. He never called back.

HAHA I'm going to remind fast talking sales guys of that next time they try to screw me out of a bargain. :P
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Lol! =)
    I really wih it worked like that!
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    So you mean you got them for nothing then ?
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    (Truth of the matter is yes I did get the windows replaced and I'm paying some stupid APR for em, but that's not funny!)
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally hung up. He never called back.

Sounds like a guy that's lost an argument with a woman once or twice!

Very funny post (especially since I just took the plastic sheets off all of my furniture after having our windows replaced LAST WEEK! My house is so quiet!!!)