Anyone else 5ft 9in?

Options
Just wondering if anyone else is 5ft 9? If so, would you mind posting your body shape and what clothing size you were at different weights? I'm just intrigued to see how others compare size wise at different weights in comparison to myself.

Replies

• dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8", currently wear a size 10 (with a bit of a muffin top), size 12 is too big........so I am either hiking up my pants all day, or they are a bit snug.

My ideal pant size would be an 8......hopefully by next june :)

12 is my biggest by the way, I was always pretty thin until appx the age of 35 when the weight starting creeping up ever so slowly.

I currently weigh 154, and most of my weight is in my stomach area. I am 'hippy' to though.
  • kjones3535
    Options
    I am 5'9" and am currently 175 lbs in between a 10 and a 12. I have an athletic build so I have always been heavier vs. the size I wear. at 165 I was a size 10 as well.
  • chinadoll725
    chinadoll725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'9", current weight 131 lbs and I'm in a size 6. I was 164 lbs at my highest and was a 12. I'm not a terribly curvy person, but I do- or did have a booty at my highest, Hope this helps :-)
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    5'10" here...

I weigh about 210 and fit comfortably in about a size 14/16 jeans, sometimes bigger depending on brand.

Unfortunately God was super generous with my rack so I often have to wear 1x/2x tops to please the girls.

I carry most of my weight in my belly, although it's starting to spread, haha.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8/5'9(never too sure!) and I currently weigh 153 and wear a size 4-6.

When I was at my heaviest of 180, I was a 10.. almost a 12 depending on the brand. It wasn't until about 165-160 that my size 8 jeans started to fit comfortably again.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Im 5"9"..SW 220 size 20...Im pear shape all the way..damn heriditary.. right now im 191 size 16/18..GW 155..have no clue what size that would be..but at least I could shop in the normal section...
  • dargytaylor
    Options

When I was at my heaviest of 180, I was a 10.. almost a 12 depending on the brand. It wasn't until about 165-160 that my size 8 jeans started to fit comfortably again.

Seeing your size / weight definatley keeps me motivated to get my butt to the gym! We are almost the same weight, and the 10's I have on today are tight in my stomach!! I realize you are an inch taller....BUT.......it just goes to show you that muscle weighs more than fat and definatley looks better!! LOL

Thanks for sharing!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Seeing your size / weight definatley keeps me motivated to get my butt to the gym! We are almost the same weight, and the 10's I have on today are tight in my stomach!! I realize you are an inch taller....BUT.......it just goes to show you that muscle weighs more than fat and definatley looks better!! LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Muscle DOES NOT weigh more than fat. A lb of muscle is the same weight as a lb of fat. Muscle is more dense than fat and looks better. If you're the same weight and in 10s, it means you carry your weight in different areas, not that her muscle weighs more than your fat. Plain and simple.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I started out a size 15 jeans and XL shirts, weighing about 200 pounds.

I'm currently a size 11 jeans and large top, weighing about 180 pounds.

My goal is to be anywhere from 160-170 lbs. :happy:
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    There are also different weights for different frames. For instance, if you are 5'9", you could have a small, med., or large frame. Everyone's body type is different. One girl posted she's about 131, but I would look really weird if I got to that weight! It sort of depends.
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" My highest weight was 243 and a size 18/20. I am currently 192 and a size 10. I tend to carry my weight evenly, although my belly is a bit bigger than the rest of me, probably from being stretched to the max by my 2 babes :) I have long legs, but my torso area is rather short :/ Hope this helps! Oh, and I think I have a larger frame (bigger bone structure).
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Lol it's all in my signature.. But I'm 5'9... Smallest weight ever was 130.. My heaviest was 194.5, my current weight is 171.3... Smallest jeans size ever was a 7 ... But I prefer 9/10... Highest jeans size was 14/15...current Jean size is 11... I'm hour glassed shaped... Smalled size shirt was extra small... Largest size shirt was large..im currently between medium and small
    depending on the shirt. My goal weight for now is 135-140. I look toned lol but I'm not and got ways to go (and I think that's because I used to be really toned when I ran track) .... Its weird for me because 160 doesn't look right one for 5'9 and so 135-140 is better for my body shape. It makes me looked porportioned in the right way
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Lol it's all in my signature.. But I'm 5'9... Smallest weight ever was 130.. My heaviest was 194.5, my current weight is 171.3... Smallest jeans size ever was a 7 ... But I prefer 9/10... Highest jeans size was 14/15...current Jean size is 11... I'm hour glassed shaped... Smalled size shirt was extra small... Largest size shirt was large..im currently between medium and small
    depending on the shirt. My goal weight for now is 135-140. I look toned lol but I'm not and got ways to go (and I think that's because I used to be really toned when I ran track) .... Its weird for me because 160 doesn't look right one for 5'9 and so 135-140 is better for my body shape. It makes me looked porportioned in the right way

You're gorgeous! Just in case you didn't know. :)
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a larger frame, so SW was 253 and I wore a 18/20. My goal is to be 180. Last time I was 180, I wore a 12. This is still heavier than the BMI "normal" weight but tends to be a good weight for me.
  • bkmush34
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and right now I'm around 240 lbs and a size 20 in pants, 3X in shirts because I have the big ole boobs (always had those). When I was at my goal weight of 159 lbs I was usually a size 8 pants and an XL in shirts. Right now my weight is really in my belly so things fit really badly.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    nope. you are the only one.
  • dargytaylor
    Options

Thanks for sharing!

Muscle DOES NOT weigh more than fat. A lb of muscle is the same weight as a lb of fat. Muscle is more dense than fat and looks better. If you're the same weight and in 10s, it means you carry your weight in different areas, not that her muscle weighs more than your fat. Plain and simple.

sorry about that, I am new at this and still learning :) Thanks for claryifying.
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I am 5ft 9in and I was a size 13 comfortably at 170lbs I am now 159lbs and am wearing a size 11. My ideal size would be a 9/7(These are juniors sizes...I cant stand womens jeans, so boring!). But I am not sure if I can realistically get down there. Here is to crossing my fingers! I am a medium frame. So I am not sure my ideal size is actually a good goal.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I think if you find out what people's age is (and whether they are male or female), that might help you get a more accurate depiction, too. (And, as another poster pointed out - whether you have a small, med, or large frame.)

I am 5'9". I am going to be 43 years old in a week. I am a pear-shape, so wear 6's on the top and 8's (sometimes 10!) on the bottom. I am trying to ditch 5 more lbs, or so...which I've put on and taken off quite regularly over the last few years. (Actually, if I lose 10 lbs, then I'll feel more comfortable heading into menopause because I've heard about unintended weight gain during those years.)

My heaviest was 173, after having my 3rd baby. My lightest (adult weight) was probably 144 lbs - and that was in university a gazillion years ago. I'd like to be between 145-150 lb. anything less than 145 and I start to look pretty anorexic. But, I also don't like being over 155.

I have a small frame.
  • audraws12
    audraws12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with I guess a medium athletic build. At my largest I was 183 and a size 14/16 pants L/ XL shirts. I'm down to 170 and wear 10/12's pants L/Med shirts. Hoping to get down to 150 and be a size 8 pants with Med tops :) Keep up all the good work girls and we'll get there!!!!