Was it something I said?

Options
Sometimes what other people say can have a profound effect, without them realising it.

My family are not really the touchy feely supportive type. I was discussing with my sister how frustrating it was to have gained nearly 20lbs having been on medication since April, when I had worked so hard last year to lose 20lbs of baby weight. She told me not to worry, and that she was sure I could do it all again once I was off the medication, because when I decide to do something, then I always get it done and she really admired that in me.

(Part of my paranoia about the weight gain is the first time I ever took this medication in 2004 I gained over 50lbs in 9 months)

What my sister said has stuck with me... and today is one of those bad days, where I haven't done my workout and I have eaten a few too many bags of crisps and then this thought popped into my head. I know I can do it if I want to, and even if I forget that sometimes, my sister knows I can do it too and that means the world to me.

I must remember to thank her :flowerforyou:

Has someone said something to you that you can hold onto on the bad days to get you through?

Replies

• TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    A fellow runner on this site said this to me once, and not only does it help me when I run, it applies to everything I'm struggling with...

"No matter how long you've been running, or how far you've run, the first 2 miles always SUCK."

Kinda like everything else in life...everything's hard, until you just START. Then it might just get a little easier, and sometimes, you might even ENJOY it. :wink:
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options

"No matter how long you've been running, or how far you've run, the first 2 miles always SUCK."

Amen sister, the first 10 minutes SUCK when I am feeling exhausted and my mind set is not there.
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Dolvett Quince (Biggest Loser trainer) said that it hurts to look good and that everyday he's in pain. When he made that comment while training the contestants, it stuck with me because it is so true, physically and mentally. Whenever I start to feel any negativity towards the effort it takes to stay focused, I remember his words and push myself to stay focused.

"Looking good hurts; everyday I'm in pain." -Dolvett Quince

PS: Dolvett Quince is one mighty fine-looking man!
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options

I have just started C25K and currently only 'run' 2 miles :laugh: