Yummy snack ideas I found today

Options
_SusieQ_
_SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
We are having a health and wellness week at work. Today they had these snacks and they are AWESOME!
Crunch dried fruits and vegetables. I tried the Edamame, Corn and have the Fuji Apple left to try. Seriously good. I looked at the Store Locator and found that my local Akin's sells them (Natural Food store). You can also order in bulk from their website.

http://sensiblefoods.com/

Replies

• BMcG2010
    Options
    I found a few yummy snacks that are actually not bad for you as well! :) Have you tried apples and peanut butter? Not a lot of peanut butter, just enough. And also Pickles, especially if you can pickle them yourself :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, Edamame. I wish I could find some easier where I live! :(
  • wamaverick
    wamaverick Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Try looking for edamane in the freezer section at your local wal-mart.
  • krlong6
    krlong6 Posts: 30
    Options
    I also LOVE chobani yogurt that has fruit at the bottom. They have some fun ideas on their website too.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    The grocery stores here (Copps and their affiliate) sells these dried veggies - they're all spiced up and I don't know what all they do to them, but a serving of something like 1/2 cup (I'm not remembering correctly, maybe it wasn't even that much) of their dried carrot snacks is something like 300 calories! YOWCH! You just turned my nummy, healthy vegetable into a frickin' potato chip! :noway:

OK, I know this was WAYY off topic. Sorry. It just really floored me.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    edamame is fantastic!!! i forgot about that goodness...thanks for the reminder :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    These dried snacks from Sensible foods come in .75 ounces, and are all under 100 calories. They also have "lunch box size" which are .42 oz. and come in around 40-50 calories, depending on item.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I got some dried edamame in the organic section at Kroger and it was good. Only warning...I got the "lightly salted" or something like that, and a wasabi one. The wasabi was crazy-hot and burned the back of my throat for the next two hours - horrible!