atkins

Options
hello looking for friends, am doing the atkins diet, am on phase 1 induction.

Replies

• mistiesnshn77
    mistiesnshn77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I havent tried that diet but welcome to the site!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I done the Atkins for six months. Best of luck on your journey :) x
  • audreyp372003
    Options
    Hi,
    I have always relied on atkins to lose in the past - wanted to try counting calories this time. It's definitely slower than Atkins but I'm hoping will have the same results but only with a more balanced diet for the long term. In the end Atkins allowed me to keep over eating which is the real problem. I need to reduce how much I eat and eat a balanced diet.
  • PJSGIRL
    PJSGIRL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started day 1 today and have already been tempted to cheat. I took a breath and remembered that I have a goal and I need to stick to it. My health is more inportant than a whole milk tall tazo chai iced from Starbucks!!! My goal is to get past the induction and add food back slowly. One day at a time is key here. I have done Atkins once before and lost 40 lbs. I felt great, but feeling great made me lazy and bam the weight started creeping back. I want to change my eating habit and I want to succeed. We can and will do it, don't quit, I need you and all other Atkinites need you. Be strong! : )
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am an Atkins lover...been on it since last November and have lost about 40 pounds. I have fallen off of the wagon a few times (once for a vacation..and another time for some rough emotional moments)...but miraculously I didn't gain weight. :) I just got back on the wagon...and things are great.

Good luck on your journey. There are a lot of people on here who enjoy and benefit from a low carb lifestyle. :)
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    my bf and I started akins to jump start weight loss when we realized we were being lazy and leave for vaca in 3 weeks lol... he is shocked how fast the weight is coming off already.