New and Clueless

Aril
Aril Posts: 66
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok... i know this might also belong to the new comer category but i've already said my greetings there so... hopefully i'm in the right place.

Ok let me start first by introducing myself :P

OLD : I'm a desk sitter... literally my job as an animator i sit from 9 to 6, sometimes even more until 10 or 12midnight if i have projects ongoing. My diet is 2 square meals a day, no snacking, 3 cups of coffee every single day. During March 2007 to March 2008 i eat ALL my meals outside, skipping breakfast. I used to do yoga for 6 months before i join the new company but after March i've completely ignore any form of exercising. From 121pounds i shot up to 143pounds during that period. (I started yoga because i thought i could lose that 21 pounds but it didn't for some odd reason :S) During that period it was the most stressful job i've ever encounter, so i guess stress, lack of sleep and outside food contributed to my weight gain. I gained 22pounds in 1 year, got depress and demotivated until i finally summon up enough courage to start eating healthy and exercising(barely) in October, i lost 3 pounds by Dec. I signed up a beauty slimming course in Dec and it helped me to lose 6 pounds to date.

NEW : My diet starting from September is 3 square meals a day, no snacking, i even went on a coffee strike except cheating 1 cups a week some times. (i used to have 3 cups of coffee a day). I replaced coffee with chinese wu-yi tea and i can actually see the layer of oil when i urinate. (my lunch is chinese restaurant food, so its not very healthy compare to homecook) Now i work only from 9 to 6 but of course i still have the odd timing where i work till 8pm, instead of heavy dinner, now i only eat tuna sandwiches (white bread, but i try to get whole grain from time to time). My exercise is jumping rope 15 minutes a day 3 days a week started last week and Lord knows i only wish i have passion for exercising as much as my passion for animation! I tried jogging but it only lasted 2 weeks and my weight did not drop but certainly toned up my body.

Slowly but surely i see my weight dropping from 143pounds to 134pounds in 6 months time, but i really need to drop down to 100pounds by early may and judging that progress i know i cannot make it on time, i seriously need to find a way to keep myself motivating and its so frustrating and angry at my self for not keeping the motivation up! :( I need to drop 2.2pounds a week if i were to achieve that. i need to know how much exercise or what type to do that suits my desk sitting lifestyle! is it wise to workout 10pm at night?

Replies

• Aril
    Ok... i know this might also belong to the new comer category but i've already said my greetings there so... hopefully i'm in the right place.

Ok let me start first by introducing myself :P

OLD : I'm a desk sitter... literally my job as an animator i sit from 9 to 6, sometimes even more until 10 or 12midnight if i have projects ongoing. My diet is 2 square meals a day, no snacking, 3 cups of coffee every single day. During March 2007 to March 2008 i eat ALL my meals outside, skipping breakfast. I used to do yoga for 6 months before i join the new company but after March i've completely ignore any form of exercising. From 121pounds i shot up to 143pounds during that period. (I started yoga because i thought i could lose that 21 pounds but it didn't for some odd reason :S) During that period it was the most stressful job i've ever encounter, so i guess stress, lack of sleep and outside food contributed to my weight gain. I gained 22pounds in 1 year, got depress and demotivated until i finally summon up enough courage to start eating healthy and exercising(barely) in October, i lost 3 pounds by Dec. I signed up a beauty slimming course in Dec and it helped me to lose 6 pounds to date.

NEW : My diet starting from September is 3 square meals a day, no snacking, i even went on a coffee strike except cheating 1 cups a week some times. (i used to have 3 cups of coffee a day). I replaced coffee with chinese wu-yi tea and i can actually see the layer of oil when i urinate. (my lunch is chinese restaurant food, so its not very healthy compare to homecook) Now i work only from 9 to 6 but of course i still have the odd timing where i work till 8pm, instead of heavy dinner, now i only eat tuna sandwiches (white bread, but i try to get whole grain from time to time). My exercise is jumping rope 15 minutes a day 3 days a week started last week and Lord knows i only wish i have passion for exercising as much as my passion for animation! I tried jogging but it only lasted 2 weeks and my weight did not drop but certainly toned up my body.

Slowly but surely i see my weight dropping from 143pounds to 134pounds in 6 months time, but i really need to drop down to 100pounds by early may and judging that progress i know i cannot make it on time, i seriously need to find a way to keep myself motivating and its so frustrating and angry at my self for not keeping the motivation up! :( I need to drop 2.2pounds a week if i were to achieve that. i need to know how much exercise or what type to do that suits my desk sitting lifestyle! is it wise to workout 10pm at night?
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Hey Aril! Wow...lot's going on with you. Only you know what goals you want to achieve, I just want to encourage your effort, as it's there ~ in learning and loving the work necessary to succeed ~ that you'll really grow from.

You've done outstanding in your weight loss to date. Please continue your dialog with the Community for encouragement and thoughts.

I know for me, that in listening to others, I need to increase my aerobics workout time by more than double to really help me along ( > 40 mins ). That said, I now feel more energetic, stronger, and clearer of mind.

I'm glad you're with the MFP. This crew have been an inspiration to me personally. Cheers! :drinker:
  • Aril
    Thanks lou! i guess i let work commitment get the better of me. I wish i could get motivated to be more active, like i used to be in high school. MFP really inspire me to nail down a healthy lifestyle and i love reading other's inspirational stories~! Best of luck to you too :)
This discussion has been closed.