Polycystic ovaries

Options
Well here goes.
Buddy request to keep me motivated.
I Just need the odd kick up the backside
I can lose weight on my own but it is tough, find having polycystic ovaries a struggle
Keen to hear from others.

Replies

• dosesr4winners20
    Options
    hello fellow PCOS'er! you can do this! i'm now 80+ lbs down on my own! it's tough but you can!!
    I just started metformin for my pcos and could use a new fellow buddy :)
    feel free to add me!
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. i also have PCOS and struggle daily to lose weight! Lets shed those lbs together!
  • becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm with all of you! But....the weight I have lost has helped restore my "cycles" ...at least for the past two months! I know MFP really keeps me motivated.
  • mamieblueeyes
    mamieblueeyes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Anyone with PCOS, feel free to add me. I only add women with PCOS because I know we go through the same struggles. It's nice to know you're not alone :)
  • becktoriatralala
    Options
    Good luck with metformin...it made me so sick. Thought it was irritable bowel...ate nothing but cereal and other carby stuff last summer...gained about 15 pounds that way. Went off it and now feel much better. I can eat salads again with out seeing it come out almost the same...sorry if TMI! It did work for me at first though!
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Good luck with metformin...it made me so sick. Thought it was irritable bowel...ate nothing but cereal and other carby stuff last summer...gained about 15 pounds that way. Went off it and now feel much better. I can eat salads again with out seeing it come out almost the same...sorry if TMI! It did work for me at first though!

sorry it didn't work for you. i'm taking the extented release 1000mg 2x a day and have had very mild side effects! i am very pleased with it and have gotten my first natural cycle in years!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    PCOS
    Metabolic X Syndrome

Found an endocrinologist who will be testing me for things Ive never gone through before - who has worked with this for decades in other countries... and let me tell ya... Im getting the negative results I need based on a low-carb approach... Five weeks on her plan, 13.4 pounds down, another 50+ off done on my own.... and its finally working...

Cant wait for the testing to be done in the next couple of weeks to see if there are other things affecting me because this Endo is ON TRACK! I already told her Im ready to adopt her and take her home to be my best friend if her husband doesnt mind! LOL!
  • apilant
    apilant Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed yesterday with PCOS and today starts Metformin. I have been THE SAME WEIGHT (+/- 5 LBS) for 18 months now and finally have an answer to that (and my other) symptoms....as scary as it all is. I need to find some low carb/sugar free snacks and recipes. Any suggestions and motivations would be most appreciated! Glad to know we are not alone in this!
  • smorsie324
    smorsie324 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ladies! I'm not letting PCOS control me anymore. So excited to be losing weight with all of you!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I am new too. This is actually my first post on MFP. I have been struggling with PCOS for a long time, put that on top of hypothyroidism and it doesnt help matters much. I am very motivated this time around and looking for MFP friends that can help me on this journey. Good luck!!
  • lubinsr
    Options
    Hello there! I am new as well and like you, I have PCOS. It's nice to see a solid group of women who have the same issue and are so supportive!
  • nonstopfeisty
    nonstopfeisty Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a fellow PCOS sufferer and recently added a whole mess of other health issues to the mix. I was diagnosed eight years ago and am currently on Metformin though, I'm thinking that I should insist they increase the dosage because it's not having much of an affect. Anyway, it's really great to know that I'm not alone! Together I'm sure we can all beat this condition into oblivion!!!
  • kimosburn
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 17. Now I'm 41 and still way overweight. I have depression and anxiety related to the PCOS, which doesn't help my motivation much, but I'm trying to get back on track. My hubby and I have a 2yo son with autism who is our world. We both want to get healthy and stay that way so we can be there for him.
  • becktoriatralala
    Options
    Okay ladies, here are my thoughts...let do everything we can to not let PCOS be "the reason." Although we know what a HUGE influence it has on our bodies, lets put it low on the list...this means we push ourselves even harder to work out, eat well/healthy, and be kind to ourselves (becuase we have to =D) Especially since getting rid of excess weight will have a big improvement on our overall health. From my research, its a cycle of hormones, weight/fat gain, which adds to the hormone issue, which adds to the weight issue....and you get my drift. But loosing the weight will improve the hormone issue.... Hmmmm .....Anything you'd like to add? I am trying to be positive because I have spent too long being negative about things.
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile: I have PCOS as well. I have dieted and lost weight before using low GI diet and it was fantastic (helped me in my fertility battle). Now my reasons for wanting to do this are the general health issues that I know are likely in the future. I'm trying to get myself kick started and when I am up and running well and organised I hope to get back more successfully to GI. Wishing you all the best of luck. Please if anyone would like to add me as a friend feel free. I'm good to check in and to motivate and I'm really committed to finally getting back to tackling my PCOS :happy: