Running and Lower Ab Cramps

Options
Okay, so admittedly I haven't been running for long (3 months) but for the past 2 of those months, I have been getting absolutely HORRIFIC lower ab cramps. I passed out on the treadmill, the last time. I've vomited they are so strong and most times I'm reduced to lying on the floor of my gym. Sound dramatic? It is! They're not pre-menstrual from what I can tell as they happen all throughout my cycle, and nor are they regular. Last week I ran a 5k, this week when I tried to run twice, both times I could barely get past a mile. It always seems to happen within the first 1-2 miles and is absolute agony. I've seen a doctor, whose referring me for an ultrasound tomorrow, but from my own research this actually seems like quite a common problem. It appears associated with endometriosis or the jarring effect on the uterus which causes labour type contractions. But I'd be interested to hear if anybody else has any experience/what the cause is for you?

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may have an ovarian cyst or maybe a few. Good about the ultrasound, this will find any for you.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I hope not but I've heard this could be a cause.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump. Any help at all guys?