Saucony, New Balance, Nike Shox, or VFF

Options
Cast your vote. I own these four shoes right now, and would like to know your opinion of which is best. :)

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Love my Nike Shox for high impact (TurboFire):love:
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike Shox and will get another pair when they break down. I think they are my favorite of all excersise sneakers I have owned. I have had New Balance and they were okay, but not as good my Shox. Never tried the other two.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Saucony. Followed closely by New B! :smile:
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    Go to a running store and have them properly fit you. I run in Saucony.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Love my Nike Shox for high impact (TurboFire):love:

I bought mine for TurboFire also!!
  • snkeller24
    Options

agree - if you're running get the proper shoe. I bought based on looks (Nike) and ended up getting terrible shin splints while training for a half. Brooks or Saucony would be my vote.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    As a runner my coaches have always recommended New Balance so thats what I've always gotten. I've never had a problem.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Each one of these brands (No idea what VFF are though) offer low end (ie.. low quality) and high end (high quality) models that are either poor or excellent.

For running, it's not about the brand, it's about fitment and what brand best fits your gait/feet (as someone has mentioned)

What is great for someone, might suck for someone else.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love my Saucony's!! I had them fitted at a running shoe store. I have to agree that brand is not as important as getting a pair that is fitted for your type of feet.
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love my Saucony's!

Tracy
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Used to love Saucony's but they changed my version. Now I love Brooks Ariels.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I used to have Saucony (still do for daily errands). They felt fine for daily stuff but as soon as I started walking seriously and then jogging, my knees were on fire within a few steps. Now that my feet have adjusted to my Vibrams (it took at least a month), nothing hurts. No knee pain, no ankle pain, nothing. I'll be getting another pair soon.
  • mosenm
    mosenm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have sold running shoes for several years. You should get your feet tested & see if you pronate/supinate. Have them take a look at how you walk. Bringing in an old pair of running shoes with a significant wear pattern will help also. This is very important to prevent injuries like shin splints, sprains, stress fractures, etc. Proper fit is also extremely important!! The five fingers have sold really well and people really love them. However, you run completely different in them. And you MUST EASE INTO THEM!!!!!! If you run 5 miles a day, try one mile right away, maybe.
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options

I have. They said my NB's were great (which is what I showed up in) and just needed the inserts for my arches. He did say the only one they could do better with was a pair of Brooks. But that's all they had in their store, so I do not believe in shoe stores and their opinions. :)
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've had Nike and New Balance, I actually liked the NB shoes more, but they didn't last nearly as long as the Nike did.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have many pairs of Saucony. And a couple of VFF's.
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If you do not believe in shoe stores and their opinion....then you haven't been in a good one.