No will power with wine - give up completely?

2»

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I can't stop at just one glass.
    get yourself a bigger glass...
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    I gave up wine for 1 week and it was a terrible week for me. I have a glass of wine right when I am ready for bed. That way, I still get my glass but I am not tempted to drink more because I am sleepy. LOL!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Yeah I usually have 2 glasses when I plan on one. Biggest thing for me and 2 glasses of wine after dinner, though is Im looking for the dessert menu in a quick hurry lol

I only have it occasionally and I stick to reds (Merlot and Pinot Noir specifically) because they are better for you in the first place..... I drink it because it is good for the heart and because of that I wouldnt give it up entirely.
  • essjay75
    essjay75 Posts: 77 Member
    I can't stop at just one glass.
    get yourself a bigger glass...
    I have 16oz glasses.....2=bottle. LOL
  • wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Wine is my vice as well, its a nice treat after a loooooong day at work. I think as long as you are logging what you are drinking, its ok. I don't think I could ever give it up, but I always wonder if I did, would I lose that much more weight??
  • I'm with you Jenna! As long as it's red, I tell myself it's good for me and it's ok-lol
  • CLA2801
    CLA2801 Posts: 50 Member
    Turn 6-8 oz into 4 glasses by adding Diet Sprite to it and making a wine spritzer....just a suggestion.

All the true wine lovers just died a little bit inside.
  • Herownself
    Herownself Posts: 56 Member
    I love wine but I've given it up for now. It's not just the calories from the wine it's also that it makes it easier to say "what the hell" to the cookies or you name it. On the upside, work outs in the am on the weekend are so much nicer.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Turn 6-8 oz into 4 glasses by adding Diet Sprite to it and making a wine spritzer....just a suggestion.

All the true wine lovers just died a little bit inside.

LMAO
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    DO IT! I was the same. I gave it up for A WHOLE MONTH! After that I went from having it 3-4 times a week to having it 1-2.

It really helped my initially. I've only just started my friday night drinks again but for a long while there I gave them up.

Good luck!