Help! I miss pizza!

Options
I started MFP about 5 weeks ago and have been doing really well. I just miss pizza!!! My daily intake is 1200 calories, and I'm hoping someone has a recipe for low cal healthier pizza where you can eat more than 1 piece without sacrificing like ALL the calories haha. I know this is about making sacrifices, and I'm willing, but I'm sure someone out there has a great recipe :) Thanks guys!

SW: 224
MG#1: 214
MG#2: 199
MG#3: 175
MG#4: 150
FGW: 135

Replies

• tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you order from a regular place like pizza hut or something..get thin crust, it's WAY less calories. OR you can look around in the recipe forum, search califlower pizza and there is a recipe that sounds quite fabulous. Also try checking on sparkrecipes.com for low calorie pizza.
    I would also recommend looking for Flat-out artisan flatbread, you can use these to get your own ingredients and make a wonderfully tasty pizza ala-you! I hope this helps, I freaked at first, but there is many ways to still have it without using all of your calories.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Buy a whole wheat or multigrain crust from your grocery store, tomato sauce (watch sugar and sodium here), part skim mozz, and as many veggies as you want (spinach, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, onions, etc.) A homemade pizza with veggies and a healthy crust can be low cal and diet friendly.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com :D i also loveee to make my own!
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1 - Whole Wheat English Muffin (2 mini Pizza)

Top with:
    2 TBSP Ragu Pizza Sauce
    1 String Cheese Shredded
    3 Pepperoni Slices

Bake at 350 Degrees for 12 Minutes

TOTAL 230 Calories for BOTH mini Pizzas and its DELICIOUS!!!
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has great options. www.hungry-girl.com/
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Pizza's a big weakness for me too. You know what I do? I eat it. No more than once a week and I try to get thin crust and healthy toppings. Deprive yourself too much and you'll go off the deep end and shame-eat a pizza hut buffet.

Moderation my friend. Because if you can't live like this you won't stay like this.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above:

English muffin, pasta sauce, cheese. I ate these alot as a child and I still love them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Workout, earn some calories, and eat pizza occasionally.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    a large slice of cheese pizza is about 200 calories. WHY is this an issue? I also make pizzas on NAAN indian bread. Makes a good crust, and then use Trader Joes Roasted Garlic Marinara, fresh mozz, and fresh basil. YUM
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I make my own.

Crust is super simple: http://www.pizzacrustyeast.com/

Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast - no rise - simple

1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups of flour
    1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Yeast
    1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    2/3 cup of very warm water (120° to 130° F)
    3 tablespoons oil (can use less)

Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add water and oil. Mix together until well blended; about 1 minute. Add ½ cup flour gradually until dough forms a ball. Add additional flour, if needed, to handle. Spoon dough out of bowl onto floured surface. Dough will be slightly sticky. Knead on floured surface. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic; about 4 minutes.
    Press dough out to fill greased pizza pan. Top as desired with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake on bottom oven rack at 425° for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is brown.

**** Use whole wheat flour if you like & roll the dough really thin. Toppings - turkey pepperoni is much lower in fat. Use less cheese. Add more veggies. Yum!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options

Top with:
    2 TBSP Ragu Pizza Sauce
    1 String Cheese Shredded
    3 Pepperoni Slices

OMG THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!

ALSO..it honestly won't kill you if you just lat yourself have a normal piece of pizza once in a while. Just don't eat the whole pizza..hehe. I am guilty of that prior to this site. Seriously though. usually on the weekend, I eat whatever and stay within or REAL close to calories allowed, and I have kept losing this entire time. I have only been here a month and 1 week. YOU CAN DO IT, just easier with options.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Workout, earn some calories, and eat pizza occasionally.

Yes. Or make your own dough with your own ingredients, cook only what you will eat in one sitting, top with sauce, light on the cheese, mega veggie toppings, reserve the rest of the dough in individual portions in the freezer for next time.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Moderation my friend. Because if you can't live like this you won't stay like this.

This is very true, this isn't a diet its a healthy lifestyle and everything is allowed, just in moderation!!!
  • cinnamonbunz87
    Options
    I toast a light english muffin, top it with low-cal pasta sauce, low fat cheese, and pop it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 min. It tastes AMAZING!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You can always make your own or Digiorno has 200 calorie pizza portions.
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Top with:
    2 TBSP Ragu Pizza Sauce
    1 String Cheese Shredded
    3 Pepperoni Slices

ok, i now love you! the one food i have missed since starting this addiction...its been a long time, too long...thank you!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    if you have a Papa Murphy's in town, their de-lite (extremely thin crust) options are very tasty and easily managed calorie wise. get cheese or veggie for max bang for your buck.
  • va_n_ok
    va_n_ok Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pizza's a big weakness for me too. You know what I do? I eat it. No more than once a week and I try to get thin crust and healthy toppings. Deprive yourself too much and you'll go off the deep end and shame-eat a pizza hut buffet.

Agree! Agree! Agree!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Just go get a slice of pizza now and then. I find that if I order a whole pizza, I will eat a whole pizza. However, if I get a slice for lunch with a salad w/ fat free dressing, I have a 400-calorie lunch that makes me happy. Happier thaan eating the whole thing too!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Once in a while, you just need pizza. I have pizza now and then - just a whole lot less than I used to. :)

Sometimes I can satisfy the craving with a flatbread pizza. The Flat-out brand wraps are great for that. If you go easy on the cheese (which you have to with such a thin crust), it's only a couple hundred calories.

I usually quarter pepperoni slices too that way there are more bits to spread around giving each bite a taste of pepperoni and still using just a few slices for the whole flatbread pizza.

Good luck!