Exercises that make you burn 200 calories in 15 minutes or l

Options
Are there any exercises one can do that could make me burn at least 200 calories in 15 minutes or less? Sometimes I just don't have time to fit in a 30 minute workout and I would like some intense workouts when I'm short on time.

Thanks.

P.S I need exercises that don't require a lot of equipment because I would do this at home.

Replies

• PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    The elliptical...I love that thing!!
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    Kickboxing burns a lot as does circuit training. if you want to burn that many calories that quickly you're probably going to have to take up sprinting.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I would say do some high intensity treadmill intervals. I burn about 10 calories a minute or more and usually burn about 200 in 20 minutes.
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    30DS shred is about 20 minutes and you'll burn that...
    also try mandatory 100s.... you'll burn a ton but I don't have a HRM so I'm not sure how much, but I know it's intense...
    Here's a link to explain what they are:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkD9LwDBWW0
  • ptrain987
    Options
    zumba!!! in 30 mins i burn 641 cals. so in 15 mins i would burn 320 cals...i weigh 360lbs
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam gives you a pretty high burn in short time, esp if you do the high intensity
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    run like hell on the treadmill.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing, Zumba, elliptical, running on the treadmill.:bigsmile: Good luck.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    whatever gets your heart rate up good and high. I second whoever said run like hell on the treadmill - that usually does it for me.
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo will be close, but that can't include a 5 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down - it has to be high intensity for the full 15 minutes.
  • efarrar13
    Options
    Kettle Bell swings....20 calories per minute.
  • deedub113
    deedub113 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try googling Interval Training. You have to start out slow but here's what I do in 15 minutes.

Walk 3.5 MPH 1 minute
    Run/Sprint as fast I can for 2 minutes (take it easy when you're first doing it and work up....I'm at 8MPH right now)
    Back to Walk for a minute.

Complete the 3 minute routine x 5

There's lots of variations and I've done on the elliptical too when my knees weren't feeling great that day.

You burn more calories for longer afterward. It's the best cardio training I've ever done.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Tabata intervals?

5 minutes warmup.

20 seconds all out exercise, then 10 seconds of rest.

Repeat 8 times.

Total time = 4 + 5 = 9 minutes.

You can do this with various types of exercise, sprinting is one, or pushups, or kettleball swings, or stationary bike, or anything that you can push to the limit.
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't know what "equipment" you have at home, but climbing stairs while holding a medicine ball over your head is a great burn!
  • PaulaButHag
    Options
    Try kettlebells - according to the website it burns 20 calories a minute.
    There are workouts on-line and all you really need is a 2-5 lb dumb bell.
    I use Jillian Michaels' kettlebell workout, but there was a good dvd that came with my Danskin kettlebells
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    The calories you burn from any exercise is going to depend on your intensity. Higher heart rate = higher calories

Run, bike, jump rope are three that come to mind that would do the trick. .
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Jump Rope

MFP says 15 minutes at medium speed is 225 calories burned
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Circuit training. I do this when I don't have much time (not including 2-3 minute warmup of moving stretches and cooldown)

1 min jumping jacks as hard and fast as you can
    1 min pushups - you can do these on the wall or against a chair or on your knees
    1 min butt kicks
    1 min squats with bicep curl with handweights
    1 min bicycle crunches

repeat 3x with as little down time between circuits as possible.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Run..., real fast.
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    Sprint like madman