NSV's In Spite of Myself

Options
knittnponder
knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
I've been struggling lately with getting and staying on track (some super busy life stuff and I was sick for a couple of weeks followed by sick kids...you know the drill.) Anyway, I haven't gained but I haven't lost anything either so I've been trying not to be discouraged but it hasn't been working very well.

Then I had a couple of unexpected NSV's! The first one is kind of funny. I had a migraine all day yesterday so I was rubbing the back of my neck when I felt this weird bump that had never been there before! It freaked me out! I was worried I had some kind of tumor or something (why yes, I am a little high strung! lol) Turns out, it was a neck bone! I've never felt one in the back of my neck before because I had too much "padding" there!

The next victory came today. I'm in the middle of making a wedding cake for my nephew's wedding Friday. I was stirring a bucket of frosting I'd made when my 17 yo DD commented, "Hey Mom! I can see your back muscles flexing when you stir!" She's my P90X buddy so she and I are always showing off or pointing out our muscles to each other and can appreciate them.

So even though I won't be able to get fully back on track until probably Monday since we have the wedding and I have another super busy weekend following, it felt good to realize that I haven't undone all my hard work and that I will be moving forward again soon.

Replies

• dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Nice one! I like the "neck bone tumor". The same thing happened to me with a shoulder bone. Who knew?
    WTG:flowerforyou:
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    nice nsv i think i have one of those too... :)
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My son is my P90X buddy and he does the same thing. By the way, what does NSV means? I'm new here.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My son is my P90X buddy and he does the same thing. By the way, what does NSV means? I'm new here.

Non Scale Victory :)
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That is wonderful! Just wait for more NSV's!
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What nice NSV's. Congrats!! and have a super weekend
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!