Hmpfh.. well I shouldn't be surprised.....

Options
Over the past 4 weeks, when I started this journey on 12/29/08.. I have consistently lost 1.5-2lbs a week.. and I was really feeling great, motivated and in control.. for the first time in a very long time. I was actually envisioning losing, losing, losing.. and getting closer and closer to my final goal.. realizing that there would be a time I hit a plateau.. and I would be a bit discouraged...well that time was today.. when I did my weekly weigh-in this morning :angry:

I spent 2 hours in the gym yesterday busting my butt.. hoping it would help budge the scale just a little bit... but no luck.. no change in a week :cry:

I had hoped it would of taken me a bit longer than losing just 10lbs.. but I do have to look on the positive sides.. which are...

1. I didn't gain (maybe less than a pound, it flucuates a bit day to day.. but nothing significant) and maintained my weight from last week..

2. I ate out 4.. :noway: YES 4 times last week (boyfriend had a rough week and it was a great opportunity to test myself) ... and I managed to make great choices everytime and stay within my calories alotted for the days... AMAZING!

3. I am not as discouraged or disappointed as I thought I would be.. I mean.. I am BUMMED :brokenheart: ... and really wished I had felt the joyous wave of that number poping up and being lower than last week.. but ... it will come :ohwell:

4. It has actually motivated me more than I thought it would... I kept fearing that not seeing the number go down, or gaining a pound or two instead of losing, would do what it has always done.. made me throw my hands up and give up.. but it DIDN'T.. it gave me more motivation to work extra hard this week.. and feel the joy of seeing a new lower number on that scale.. when I weigh in a week from now.. and all because I KNOW I CAN DO IT.. I have already lost 10lbs, far more than I have ever lost .. ever trying before.. so this is all about a lifestyle change and seeing the results from that!

Okay .. so that is my rant and thank you to anybody who took the time to read this! :drinker:

Replies

• siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Over the past 4 weeks, when I started this journey on 12/29/08.. I have consistently lost 1.5-2lbs a week.. and I was really feeling great, motivated and in control.. for the first time in a very long time. I was actually envisioning losing, losing, losing.. and getting closer and closer to my final goal.. realizing that there would be a time I hit a plateau.. and I would be a bit discouraged...well that time was today.. when I did my weekly weigh-in this morning :angry:

I spent 2 hours in the gym yesterday busting my butt.. hoping it would help budge the scale just a little bit... but no luck.. no change in a week :cry:

I had hoped it would of taken me a bit longer than losing just 10lbs.. but I do have to look on the positive sides.. which are...

1. I didn't gain (maybe less than a pound, it flucuates a bit day to day.. but nothing significant) and maintained my weight from last week..

2. I ate out 4.. :noway: YES 4 times last week (boyfriend had a rough week and it was a great opportunity to test myself) ... and I managed to make great choices everytime and stay within my calories alotted for the days... AMAZING!

3. I am not as discouraged or disappointed as I thought I would be.. I mean.. I am BUMMED :brokenheart: ... and really wished I had felt the joyous wave of that number poping up and being lower than last week.. but ... it will come :ohwell:

4. It has actually motivated me more than I thought it would... I kept fearing that not seeing the number go down, or gaining a pound or two instead of losing, would do what it has always done.. made me throw my hands up and give up.. but it DIDN'T.. it gave me more motivation to work extra hard this week.. and feel the joy of seeing a new lower number on that scale.. when I weigh in a week from now.. and all because I KNOW I CAN DO IT.. I have already lost 10lbs, far more than I have ever lost .. ever trying before.. so this is all about a lifestyle change and seeing the results from that!

Okay .. so that is my rant and thank you to anybody who took the time to read this! :drinker:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    Sounds like you need to step up your work out. Try new exercises or do them longer at a harder level. Do you go to a gym, maybe join a fitness class. If you are constantly doing the same things over and over you will condition your body so that and it will get to a point where it doesn't burn the calories needed to lose weight anymore. Good luck stay strong and know you can do it!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I hit 10 pounds and I think I'm hitting a plateau too. I'm one of those who weighs every day, I really should stop, and my scale hasn't moved since the last weigh in on Wednesday.
    I've really been stepping up my workouts so I don't know what the deal is.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    oops
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats on pushing through your plateau. You deserve credit for sticking with your program. Your plateau maybe due to eating out. Although you stayed with in the calorie range you may have increased your sodium. ( I have been shocked at the amount of sodium in take out food) A high sodium may cause you to retain water thus it may appear that you have not lost any weight. You have done great and this is your year to reach all your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • repete11
    Options
    don't stress, your maintaining weight could be a side effect from a number of things. First thing that comes to mind is that you ate out four times last week. Restaurant food contains a great deal of sodium which can make you retain water. I know that when I eat pizza (Pizza Hut) after being good for awhile I will gain three, yes three pounds of water weight. I changed my food diary to reflect sodium content as well and try to stay under that as best I can. Also, if you have picked up your workouts you may have gained some muscle. Be sure to measure yourself weekly too to see the results there as well. Just remember to stick with it, you are doing great so far, keep it up!
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to what you are feeling:mad: .

I have been faithfully staying within my food intake, I have upped my workouts and the darn scale is not moving. On a positive side it is not moving up the scale but the darn thing is not moving down either. As frustrating as it is I am not giving up even if I am a bit bummed:grumble: This happened to me for 3 weeks before and I just hung in there and the scale started to move again. So we just all just need to stay positive and motivated and good things will prevail again soon:flowerforyou:
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your support. It is still "new".. and I have some fears of falling off the wagon again.. but I know just being here and be able to have people listen & help.. keeps me going.. :flowerforyou: you guys are the best... and your motivation to help me keep on .. speaks, or types, volumes...

Thanks!! :drinker: