Is it better to.......

Options
work out everyday for 15-30mins or every other day for 45-60mins? I am having a really hard time getting myself into a workout routine!! I just can't seem to get my butt motivated enough to stick with anything!! I was thinking maybe if I just told myself I only have to work out for 15 mins, then I will be more likely to do it. What do you think? How do you MFP'ers get motivated to work out?

Replies

• mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    work out everyday for 15-30mins or every other day for 45-60mins? I am having a really hard time getting myself into a workout routine!! I just can't seem to get my butt motivated enough to stick with anything!! I was thinking maybe if I just told myself I only have to work out for 15 mins, then I will be more likely to do it. What do you think? How do you MFP'ers get motivated to work out?
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I think about how good I'll feel afterwards--and the "extra" food I get to eat :bigsmile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am EXACLTY the same....I am getting ready to work out right now.....do the 15 mins.....when you get to 15 mins, tell yourself to go another 10 or so.......they say when you push past what you feel like you can do, you are changing your body and your mind.

I turn on music and dance my butt off, and every time I do I am glad I did.

I think it is best to move daily....even if for only 15 mins then to do it every other day.......

Thats my thought!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    If you're just starting out, shoot for 15 minutes a day every day. It takes I think 27 days to make a habit. So if you start off slow and do something every day, it will become habit and then if you feel like 15 minutes is not enough every day, you can increase how much time you want to spend.

I tend to start off working out a lot and then I get injured or fall behind, so start off slowly and build yourself up!
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you find some workouts that you really enjoy, maybe it won't feel like such a chore. I am and never have been someone who just loves and craves exercise. I don't like to be hot, and I don't like to sweat. But, once I found some DVD's that are actually alittle bit fun to do, I don't mind as much. I won't say I just absolutely LOVE to exercise now, but I do find myself looking forward to it most of the time. It's 45 minutes that I get to spend on me, and what I am doing is changing my body and health for the good. I get bored easily, so I have about five workouts, ranging from 10 minutes to 50 minutes to choose from. If I'm having a really busy day and am short on time, I can usually find the time to squeeze in 10 minutes of exercise. I have noticed lately that it's only on those days when I only have 10 minutes that I tend to wish I had more time to fit in a longer workout. It's odd how our bodies seem to crave exercise once we start.

Hang in there!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I make myself do even a little every day. I have rest days and pig out days, but even then I do a walk after supper or something.