Magazine Retouching Photos

Options
http://demo.fb.se/e/girlpower/retouch/retouch/

^^^^^ insane link about photo retouching !!! My friend just sent this to me that she has been talking about in her psychology class!!

Go to the link.
Click on the picture.
Then go through all the Before and Afters for each body part.

It's so crazy!

Replies

• melbaby925
    Options
    Did you see the cover of this month's Glamour? it has Kristen Stewart on it - and she's missing her arm! They just decided it took up too much space or something....I stared at it in Walmart checkout line yesterday for a full 2 minutes before I even realized what was wrong!

It's all horrible and we need to stop doing it. What happened to keeping reality real?
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes but not all photos are edited.....like my one after 4 weeks of being on this site

Andybodybuilder.jpg
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Yes but not all photos are edited.....like my one after 4 weeks of being on this site

Andybodybuilder.jpg
    That's obviously real. who would question???

But wow, insane on the original post. I never would have thought until I saw everything highlighted.
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    but the question is, would you still hit it? probably
  • BodybyPlants
    BodybyPlants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thats ridiculous!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options

Andybodybuilder.jpg

That's awesome.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    The boobs made me laugh my *kitten* off.

I think she was much prettier before the touch up. Especially her hair colour and chest.
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladybug you obviously have impeccable taste
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You mean...you didn't know that? Wow! And I thought I was niave
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I think the minor touch ups were ok, its when they shrank her waist and made her boobs bigger....first off, she didn't need it. Secondly they WAY over did it, she looks disproportionate...they could have adjusted her bust and waist without making her look all creepy.

I actually retouch photos all the time since I do wedding photography, and I haven't had one complaint yet from any of the clients. lol
  • foodluver27
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Seriously some of the touch-ups weren't really that necessary.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    but the question is, would you still hit it? probably

oh definitely hahaha
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Bump
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    its nice when celebs admit they dont look like that d/t retouching because it does create unreal expectations.
  • sarah307
    Options
    You mean...you didn't know that? Wow! And I thought I was niave

haha, i hope you are being sarcastic!! of course I knew they retouched photos! I used to be a graphic design major :) LOL

I just think more people need to see the reality of this because I think a lot of YOUNGER girls like pre-teens are having their self esteem plummeted over the years because of the media doing this
  • sarah307
    Options
    I think the minor touch ups were ok, its when they shrank her waist and made her boobs bigger....first off, she didn't need it. Secondly they WAY over did it, she looks disproportionate...they could have adjusted her bust and waist without making her look all creepy.

I actually retouch photos all the time since I do wedding photography, and I haven't had one complaint yet from any of the clients. lol

oh I definitely agree that minor touch ups are okay!!! I have three professional photographers in my family :) LOL but I just wanted to share this w/ everyone but yeah I didn't think the boob enhancement was necessary !
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I thought beforehand she was probably retouched, yet once everything had been shown step by step the natural way, when I clicked on the after image I was like :O "was that really the person I'd just seen before, she looks so fake!" It's not so obvious though until you see the change in such a dramatic way.

Edit: The eyes looked really creepy to me afterwards, and the enlarged boobs were really unnecessary - she looked great before!
  • sarah307
    Options
    agreed !!

just seeing the before and after by each thing is crazy HOW MUCH is changed.