New to MFP… Looking for friendly support…

Options
I just started back on the weight loss journey… AGAIN... as most of us have been there right? Well here is a quick rundown of my story. I have been heavy most of my life. I am 29 years young and thinking about starting a family with my husband. However it is pretty difficult with my current health and I can not be an unhealthy pregnant woman and potentially starting out my child’s life with more difficulties and potential risks. I have PCOS, high blood pressure, high cholesterol… ect… I have been seeing my doc for about a year and she is great, she doesn’t force meds on me… If she thinks that a medication may help she tells what they are and what the “can” do for me and sends me home to do my own research on them to let me make the decision on if I want to take them or not. I am a complete TYPE A personality and I pretty much have to have all the info and all of the control before I make a decission. I am sure that I am in the same boat as many other people that may be on here with my health concerns and that is why I am here.

I reached my highest weight about 4 years ago… I was at 320 pounds and I hated looking at myself in the mirror every day. So I did some drastic changes in my diet, I cut out soda, sweets, dairy, meat, and was pretty much a vegetarian and I was exercising 4-5 days a week. I lost 80 pounds in 6 months… I felt great and I kept it off for about a year and a half… Well here I am 4 years later and I slacked off and reintroduced all the bad back into my life and I have gained 75 of those 80 pounds back… YUCK!

I found this program just by a run of good luck. I was looking for a calorie counting app on my phone and found this app and website and I can say that I LOVE IT I have been on this all day. I never expected so many tools in one place.

Thank for reading my yammering everyone and good luck in all that you are trying to accomplish.

Replies

• hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    All the best in your journey. I have just joined too in the past week and have become addicted to reading posts in the forum. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me to your support system!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lep3up5K2E1qe91fco1_500.jpg
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome good luck on your journey .. You have come to the right place feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!!