Polar FT7 question

Options
When did you need to change the battery and how did you know it was time?

Mines having issues. Keeps getting stuck at 80-90 when I'm running and I'm sure my HR is at least 160s. I've tried washing the strap, re-wetting the sensors, clicking the monitor on and off the strap a couple times to reset it, no dice. Not wearing different clothes than normal either. The watch seems to work fine, starting to think it might be the battery on the sensor.

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    They have a low battery warning..should let you know...
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I have the same exact problem with my FT4...
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Id replace the sensor battery. And the instructions state that when not in use, unclip the sensor from the strap to lengthen the battery life.
  • Pinksparkle65
    Options
    lol
  • dannylives
    Options
    THAT'D BE SO COOL IF YOUR HEART WAS JUST IN A LOT BETTER SHAPE NOWADAYS. :)
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I replaced the battery in my sensor (not the watch) this summer after 7 months of heavy use. Mine kept loosing my heart rate...I had a heart rate of 0 for about 20 minutes of a 3 mile run. I'm not in THAT good of shape! LOL I also have read to not keep the watch near the sensor to save battery life. I keep my chest strap and sensor in the bedroom and the watch by my computer in the dining room. Change the battery in your sensor, if that doesn't work, change the battery in your watch. It's got to be one or the other if you're careful about cleaning everything. I've yet to wash mine in the washing machine. I take mine in the shower with me and soap it up with shampoo each time I use it and let it hang to dry.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    THAT'D BE SO COOL IF YOUR HEART WAS JUST IN A LOT BETTER SHAPE NOWADAYS. :)

hehe, if my heart rate is ever in the 80s when I'm running I think I'll be a little concerned. I'm almost always in the 150-180 range.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I replaced the battery in my sensor (not the watch) this summer after 7 months of heavy use. Mine kept loosing my heart rate...I had a heart rate of 0 for about 20 minutes of a 3 mile run. I'm not in THAT good of shape! LOL I also have read to not keep the watch near the sensor to save battery life. I keep my chest strap and sensor in the bedroom and the watch by my computer in the dining room. Change the battery in your sensor, if that doesn't work, change the battery in your watch. It's got to be one or the other if you're careful about cleaning everything. I've yet to wash mine in the washing machine. I take mine in the shower with me and soap it up with shampoo each time I use it and let it hang to dry.

Alrighty, yeah I've had mine about 8 months and I use it at least 5 days a week. You wash yours in the shower?? Thats dedication, man... I'm impressed!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this, plus rinsing the strap every use. No problems yet, but I wondered how I would know if it needed new battery
    Id replace the sensor battery. And the instructions state that when not in use, unclip the sensor from the strap to lengthen the battery life.