Hello Everyone.

Options
Okay, so... what to say?

I'm about as subtle as a hammer to the face, so here goes.

I'm fat. I want to not be fat. My husband is fat. He wants to not be fat. We decided that we weren't going to be that couple - the ones you see that just get fatter and more sedentary as they get older. I have two kids, ages 6 and 8. I want to be able to go/do stuff/be with them.

About a year ago I had gallbladder surgery. Food has been nothing but a struggle since. I am constantly sick and just have spent the last 11 months feeling vaguely like I was going to eventually die. I honestly think this helped a lot, because I don't get hungry anymore - I know, people say it's an awesome side effect, but the reality is that it completely ruins your ability to moderate food, and you forget to eat, then binge because you're shaking, and your blood sugar flies all over the place (I'm hypoglycemic - not diabetic) - it has sucked. About a week ago, we started really monitoring our meals and I haven't been sick all week.

A while back we got me a bike (my husband already had a very nice one) and sold one of the cars. In the name of fitness. And then aside from minor commuting to college, less than a mile 3 times a week, it didn't get much use.

About a week ago, I just decided I was done. I'm done being the fat one. I want to be the HOT one. I want to be the in-shape one. I want to be the healthy one. I got an invite to Fitocracy, which is awesome. I use that, RunKeeper, and this site to track health and food.

I'm 32 years old, 6'2, and 365 lbs. My husband is 25 years old, 6'4, and 415.

Nice to meet you all.

Replies

• Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a wonderful, supportive place--you'll love it here! So many folks have lost LOTS of weight following MFP! It works amazingly well if you stick to the limits the program gives you along with some exercise. Sounds like you and hubby are both committed to changing your lifestyle and with bicycles at the ready---you're set!
    Good luck!
    Kathy
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    welcome....good luck on your weight loss journey. feel free to add me as a friend ~ Michelle
  • illidia
    Options
    Hi Tamara, nice to meet you! Good luck to both you and your husband. =)
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. You will never regret this step to better health.
    With portion control and exercise and journaling what I eat daily, I have lost 67 pounds in 18 months and improved my health dramatically. You can do this too and there is a team to cheer you on at MFP.
  • TMartin45014
    TMartin45014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined myself and feel much as you do! What is Fitocracy and how do you get an invite? Please add me as a friend. Look forward to sharing this journey with you!