What the scale says? AHHHH

Options
OK. I have been on MFP for a few weeks now. Started at about 197, went down to 194, then 191..... last week on Friday night I weighed myself at a friends and it was back at 194. So Sunday I went purchase my own scale and got some weights from my sis to verify that the scale was right. I weighed that night and still 194. I get on the scale this morning and I am at 190! So now I dont want to change my weight on here if its gonna go back up. How should I weigh, when should I weigh, what to go by? Driving me crazy. LOL. Also how long did it take for y'all to see results? I feel like my clothes are still fitting the same even though scale is saying I am 6 pounds lighter. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week. At the same time of day, wearing the same clothing. IE

Sunday morning after you go to the bathroom only wearing your undies or less.
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    First thing in the morning wearing nothing right after you've used the bathroom. This is when you'll receive the most accurate body weight you can get!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week. At the same time of day, wearing the same clothing. IE

and most importantly - on the SAME scale.
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I agree, once a week is best, or it can drive you crazy with the ups and downs. I lose weight erratically...nothing smooth about it. One week a tiny, small loss and the next week it maybe a loss bigger than I anticipated. I never know what's going to happen. Good luck.
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options

and most importantly - on the SAME scale.

Exactly! Consistency is key. It will ensure you get the most accurate weight possible.
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    It needs to be consistent.

Same time, same place, same scale, wearing the same.

I do Friday mornings, have a wee, wash and brush my teeth, and hop on!
  • mollymoo89
    Options
    You're weight will naturally fluctuate due to many reasons: sodium content, water intake, time of the month, etc. I weigh myself daily just to keep an eye on it and figure out how my body works but I only log when I see a loss or if it is on my weigh in day: Monday.

Great job so far!!
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yep, I go with first thing in the morning after peeing with no clothes on. I like to weigh every day, but there are a lot of people who prefer to weigh in less often. Numbers can change frequently due to water weight, so it's important to not take daily changes too seriously.

When I was starting to lose weight, even the first ten pounds didn't feel like any difference in how my clothes were fitting. It just all depends, everyone is different. The important thing is to keep at it! You WILL see results!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am a rebel and weigh everyday first thing in the morning. I update MFP when there is a loss. I don't change MFP when I jump up a pound, I know it is sodium, not enough water, etc. and will go back down. Fluctuations are normal and you get used to them.
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing really well. Just weigh in once a week, drink lots and lots of water and watch your sodium intake.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I am a rebel and weigh everyday first thing in the morning. I update MFP when there is a loss. I don't change MFP when I jump up a pound, I know it is sodium, not enough water, etc. and will go back down. Fluctuations are normal and you get used to them.

So you're the one everyone's talking about around here. :laugh:
  • bjfmade
    Options
    lmao YEP!
  • KatieMiaX
    KatieMiaX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    iv lost 17 lb and haven't seen no changes but other people say ''uve lost weight'' but i dont see nothing?
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    my Wii tells me how fat I am...lol...but that's what I use to weigh in
  • bjfmade
    Options
    my Wii tells me how fat I am...lol...but that's what I use to weigh in

I just love it when it groans as you step on!
  • jenni177
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, just because I'm impatient and want to know how I'm going - it also gives me a kick in the but if I'm slacking off a bit but I only record it once a week. I weigh first think in the morning usually wear my pjs (seen as the scales are in someone elses bathroom), always after I've been to the loo. As for how long untill you see results, that depends. Last time I lost 25kgs My pants starting feeling loose after about 7kgs, and I needed to buy smaller ones by about 10-12 kgs. But in saying that my shirt size didnt change at all. Good luck :)
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    SAME scale.

+1

all scales are nuts

i weight in 5 times a day: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/378106-am-i-the-only-one-to-be-in-love-with-my-scales
  • TeeA86
    TeeA86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. :happy: