Sansone Walk at Home users, HRM comparisons needed!

Options
Just received my HRM in the mail today and used it with my Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD. I did 3 miles, which according to Leslie Sansone's site should burn about 375 calories. According to MFP, its also around 370 calories, this is assuming a 12 min mile/ 5mph, which is what the DVD claims. My HRM says 615 calories :huh: I am pretty sure I programmed it right, double checked the numbers after I put them in and also double checked my max heart rate. Anyone esle use a HRM with this DVD? In a way it makes sense to me, lost 6 pounds the first 2 weeks, nada the 3rd. I ususally eat back most of my exercise calories, leaving maybe a hundred most days on average - so I may be really shorting myself calorie wise. I am wondering if my body has caught on to my master plan and is reserving fat stores, which I am extremely good at doing by the way. Would love to know if someone else is getting anything close to what I am getting. Thx!

Replies

• GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just received my HRM in the mail today and used it with my Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD. I did 3 miles, which according to Leslie Sansone's site should burn about 375 calories. According to MFP, its also around 370 calories, this is assuming a 12 min mile/ 5mph, which is what the DVD claims. My HRM says 615 calories :huh: I am pretty sure I programmed it right, double checked the numbers after I put them in and also double checked my max heart rate. Anyone esle use a HRM with this DVD? In a way it makes sense to me, lost 6 pounds the first 2 weeks, nada the 3rd. I ususally eat back most of my exercise calories, leaving maybe a hundred most days on average - so I may be really shorting myself calorie wise. I am wondering if my body has caught on to my master plan and is reserving fat stores, which I am extremely good at doing by the way. Would love to know if someone else is getting anything close to what I am getting. Thx!
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :glasses: The same thing is happening to me. My HRM tells me I'm burning 300 something when I'm walking/running with my dogs, but this site says 100 something. I'm really not sure what is going on. I've checked my settings also. There isn't a place for weight so I don't know if it is calculating calories right. I'm so confused...