What you should weigh based on frame size?

Options
2»

Replies

• it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am not sure that calculator is working. No one has ever said I have a large frame before (people usually say I'm tiny). If I weighed 62kg (the low end of my 'healthy weight range') my body fat percentage would most likely put me in the overweight range.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    its just your bones, its not you on a whole, obviously who is 118lb isnt going to look big anyway... if you have larger bones it means you will weigh heavier and look smaller than others who weigh the same as you, as its mainly bone weight compared to their muscle/fat weight that makes them the same as you...

I agree. Aside from that, my body naturally leans on the muscular side so unless I have a terminal illness, its impossible for me to have weight range of 45-50kgs (100-110 lbs.) because my lean body mass alone weigh just a slight below 100 lbs. Anyway I really don't like to be stick thin either.

did it tell you, that you need to be 100-110? it normally states heavier weights if you have a larger frame? like my BMI weight range is like 46 -67kgs but my one on this is 62-70kg.
    And yip i have big feed too!! im a size 9 sometimes 10, and im only 163.5/about 5ft4 or less.
    Maybe feet size is a telltail sign too???

Not really but having been based here in Asia where the majority of people are petite, some of my co-workers who weigh less than 51 kgs. would tell me that I will look great with 45-50kgs. I then tell them "Uh no thanks, that was my weight when I was a thin, sickly 10 yr old kid".

I think feet sizes can also be a indication. My sister is skinny & her feet is long & thin. Mine happens to be medium-sized but stocky & I can't fit in smaller shoe sizes. I'm having problems shopping for shoes here because most local stores here carry shoe sizes 4-8 (Asian size) or roughly equivalent to US size 3-6.5. I need to go to more expensive stores just to buy one that carries my size. :grumble:
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Options
    it told me i was large. hey say if you can wrap your middle finger and thumb around your wrist and then some you are small. that would be me. if it meets exactly you are medium. if it cant meet you are large. idk thats just what i see in magazines. it told me 150. so im 30 pounds underweight? uh no. not underweight
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    woahhhh it told me my frame size was LARGE?! My wrist is 5.75inches in diameter. It says I should weigh between 131 lbs. and 147 lbs. WTF.

Said I was a large frame too!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am a jewelry repair technician, and coming from my years of experience, anything below a 6.5 is small, 6.5-7.25 is average and anything above 7.25 is large. Not saying that whatever medical science this is, is a lie, I have just been in the business for 11 years, and worked for several stores. I don't think they would order the 'average' size if it wasn't average. Plus, the larger or small sizes are generally special ordered. Aside from that, my wrist is a 5.25, which is ridiculously small.. . . Just a thought mfp'ers.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    woahhhh it told me my frame size was LARGE?! My wrist is 5.75inches in diameter. It says I should weigh between 131 lbs. and 147 lbs. WTF.

Me too!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    !
  • tickletickle
    Options
    it told me i was large. hey say if you can wrap your middle finger and thumb around your wrist and then some you are small. that would be me. if it meets exactly you are medium. if it cant meet you are large. idk thats just what i see in magazines. it told me 150. so im 30 pounds underweight? uh no. not underweight

i think that idication is wrong as then you have to take into account different hand sizes... as i have long fingers! so i can overlap mine, but i know my wrist is bigger than my friends who is the same height as me.

Yea with the weight estimate i dunno aye, cos mine says im only 2kgs from their given weight range, and im not happy with that, i want to be at the lower end of the range
  • tickletickle
    Options
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tickletickle
    Options
    TRY THIS ONE INSTEAD - http://www.1is2fat.com/body_frame.htm
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I don't buy into the whole measurements equal frame size stuff. For one thing, body fat can throw that off. Not to mention, bones are roughly the same size. Frame size is more about bone density, not bone width. Someone can have slightly wider, but less dense bones, and actually weigh less while looking bigger than someone with a slightly smaller, but much denser bone structure. Heavier doesn't mean bigger, and bigger doesn't mean heavier.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    yea youre right, i hadnt thought about density. i dont know why people are worried that they are larger framed, its just bone, and youre right again there isnt much difference between it anyway
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ill have to check it out!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have responded to something similar to this before, and I have 2 things to say: Anyone with a wrist size below 6.25 is small. Over 7.5 large. That is based on my professional and educational experience. Height really isn't a big issue in that department. I kind of feel like the whole frame size-I "get" to weigh more thing is kind of a cop-out, but that is just my personal opinion.
    On another note, the BMI has a rather large window of weight, and from what I understand, it is to take into consideration varying frame sizes, different levels of body fat, etc.

Side note: If this such a concern, then why base yourself on the scale, and not on how you look and feel?! Just a thought. . .