RUNNERS 1-26-09

Options
Hi guys! I got a solid 6 miles in today. Feels great!

Replies

• katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
  • livinwell
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :happy: :wink: :smile:
  • healthy_me
    Options
    8 miles and a 10 minute cooldown.

Question for all the runners that are reading this - what is your pace when you run 6+ miles? What do you find is the best way to build up your miles? Do you follow the 10% a week rule?
  • rachie13
    Options
    I have been working out on the treadmill almost 3 weeks now and the last week have been running 20 minutes and 15 minutes of fast paced walking.... i have been burning about 400 calories 4xs a week.. i have only lost 4 pounds and am disappointed.. i have been eating very very well and doing strength training as well....

is running a good fat burner?
  • healthy_me
    Options
    Instead of running 20 and then walking 15, I would try running the entire 35 minutes with intervals. Example, run fast for 3 minutes, slow it down for 1 minute, bring it back up for 2 minutes, etc. Also playing around with hills really works on bringing your heart rate up to burn those extra calories. Don't feel discouraged! Just be patient and keep trying new things to see what works best.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ugh, what a day, got in 3.5 miles thank god exercise relieves stress. :grumble:
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm going to the gym right after work. Plan is to do 5.5 miles. I run 15 minutes, fast walk for 5. So my heart rate varies. I'm planning on doing a 4 mile race in March. But I've never ran on ground....kind of scared how it will effect everything.
  • hairprincess
    Options
    Hi! I really want to start running. I have been doing the ellipitial at a fast pace for 45 min for the past 4 weeks. This week I started doing my elliptical for 30 min, and then getting on the treadmill for another 30. Right now, I tend to run 5 min, walk 5 min, and so on. That is all I seem to be able to do. My Mom is a hardcore runner, and we plan to run in 3 races this summer. A 5k, a 10k and a 15k. I really want to do these races because it is great to have a goal in mind when I am working out, and I also want to know that I can keep up with my mom (she is amazing!!!!). Any suggestions on how to build up my running times?
    Oh yeah...I have never been a runner, I was always more of a dancer, horse back rider, cheerleader girl, so I am starting from scratch. Thanks!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    4 miles, again on the treadmill. ugh, I hope to get outside tomorrow morning!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi! I really want to start running. I have been doing the ellipitial at a fast pace for 45 min for the past 4 weeks. This week I started doing my elliptical for 30 min, and then getting on the treadmill for another 30. Right now, I tend to run 5 min, walk 5 min, and so on. That is all I seem to be able to do. My Mom is a hardcore runner, and we plan to run in 3 races this summer. A 5k, a 10k and a 15k. I really want to do these races because it is great to have a goal in mind when I am working out, and I also want to know that I can keep up with my mom (she is amazing!!!!). Any suggestions on how to build up my running times?
    Oh yeah...I have never been a runner, I was always more of a dancer, horse back rider, cheerleader girl, so I am starting from scratch. Thanks!
    You're off to a good start. As the five minute runs become easier, cut the walk break to four minutes, then three, then two, then one, and you'll find yourself running continuously in no time.
    Good luck with your races!
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!!!
    THERE YOU ARE!!!:noway:

Your baby is BEAUTIFUL!!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!!!

Your baby is BEAUTIFUL!!

Awww, you're so sweet. I've been working hard, and yes, it's definitely coming! I'm feeling a million times better. Hard to believe that little baby Mack is going to be 5 months old this week!!! I've been doing the sleep training... 3rd night tonight, so I'm drinking VINO!
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!!!

Your baby is BEAUTIFUL!!

Awww, you're so sweet. I've been working hard, and yes, it's definitely coming! I'm feeling a million times better. Hard to believe that little baby Mack is going to be 5 months old this week!!! I've been doing the sleep training... 3rd night tonight, so I'm drinking VINO!
    Oh wow!.. 5 months already?:noway: He is precious! Can't wait for my third... nope.. not yet!:grumble:
    You are doing fantabulous girl! Drink up!:drinker:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did 4 miles today after a rough :sad: day at work. I feel so much better now :wink: