why so many judgemental people on this site?

Replies

• I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about. I've found the site to be very helpful and supportive. :bigsmile: I hope you have better experiences in the future. :flowerforyou:

Same here. I've NEVER read anything bad on here. EVERYONE has always been really supportive and friendly! I guess I must just pick the right threads to read and respond to!

Same here, the only thing I have found is very supportive people! - I guess I miss the drama too!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    I have never seen anyone talk about others children or to tell someone they need professional help...heck we all could use some of that I imagine...what has impressed me is the support from each other to each other...I guess you got a bad thread or something but it sure hasnt been my experience...I guess if you find one like that move on the many others that are not like that
  • This is the one place where we should all be so supportive because it is sooo hard to lose weight! Dont we all know that:) I heart everyone here:)
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Alright what did Max do now.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    This is the one place where we should all be so supportive because it is sooo hard to lose weight! Dont we all know that:) I heart everyone here:)

awe :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member

LOL!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Drama........I would ignore the negatives and take the positives outa this site for which there are so many. My life is dramatic all by itself, when someone else takes over my hardships and drama then they can tell me what they think, looks like we are all alone to deal with what life has in store..... until someone steps into my real life and real drama, they can POUND SAND!....Oh wait that may be a good workout........

GO GREEN!
  • Marla64
    Drama........I would ignore the negatives and take the positives outa this site for which there are so many. My life is dramatic all by itself, when someone else takes over my hardships and drama then they can tell me what they think, looks like we are all alone to deal with what life has in store..... until someone steps into my real life and real drama, they can POUND SAND!....Oh wait that may be a good workout........

GO GREEN!

Absolutely-- great for the triceps!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I think people become 10 feet tall and say things on the internet that they would never dream of saying to someones face.

Natasha, I was going to say the same thing, except I was too lazy to phrase it. :happy:

And MARLA, my GOSH, your new av is so cute!! You are doing so well with your weight loss! You look so happy and energetic and beautiful!!! :smooched:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member

GO GREEN!

lmbo
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member

ROFLMBO!!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I thought it was for support, not for personal attacks, why is it that I'm seeing and reading people's comments, thinking it's perfectly ok, to not only attack someones choices in life but to actually tell someone that they need professional help? or let alone how to parent their own children? the old adage think before you speak comes to mind....seems like a few people have no clue what that means.

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”

I'm so sorry you've felt judged here:flowerforyou: ...I recall one of your earlier posts from just the other day, so many of us were very very worried about you after you shared what you did.

You were really scared and greatly concerned when you posted about your health, behavior, and your daughter learning the ED behavior from you...I think the other thread you mentioned... about folks judging you... I know the folks there that posted that...and I think I can say I read concern not judgement when I saw the posts, I really think folks on here genuilly care about one another, if someone brings up something in their life others gather round to comfort and offer help.

If nothing had been brought up about your ED you were worried about then it would perhaps have been out of line but after rereading the posts I see it more a kind caring group of folks that are wanting nothing but the best for you Hon!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Sometimes when we open up and share something very personal and then folks reach out, we often feel the need to pull back & become ultra sensitive (don't know if that's what's happening here but I know sometimes it can) perhaps that's what's happened? I'm here to cheer you:drinker: on in good health...but I had tears in my eyes as did many others when reading your original post it was very very scary to read how a fellow member on MFP was going thru such a scary sad time.:cry::heart:

Pleae be extra kind to yourself:heart: , you SO deserve it, as we all do...judging ourselves or others is not helpful I agree (but like I shared I really don't think that was any of the intentions of those that shared on that other thread:heart: ) and I am guilty in life of sometimes letting things slip, and I pretty much always regret it almost immediately.

Warm hugs,
    FC:heart:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    I am one who has suggested that people seek help. I cannot encourage an already underweight girl to become skinnier. I've seen the physical affects of anorexia and the emotional effects on the family.
    ED is not only about the person suffering but those that love them too.

I have never meant to be judgemental towards you or anyone else. But when someone calls for help I tend to act on it and not encourage them to keep going on the same path that is causing them pain.

I am sorry that you have taken my posts in a way I did not mean them.
    Kelly
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I am one who has suggested that people seek help. I cannot encourage an already underweight girl to become skinnier. I've seen the physical affects of anorexia and the emotional effects on the family.

I have never meant to be judgemental towards you or anyone else. But when someone calls for help I tend to act on it and not encourage them to keep going on the same path that is causing them pain.

Kelly
    :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Keiko-- you subversive-- you causin' trouble? :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    That's one bad thing about the internet - you can't always determine the tone or the intention of what is written.

I :heart: this community! I hope you will learn to love it too.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

Kelly

Kelly, I feel if we exposes ourselves on an open forum, and ask the opinion of strangers, then we should accept that opinion and move on.

I did not feel your remarks were mean spirited, and actually were of a loving a caring tone. Now that is MY opinion.

I called myself a fat, ugly, pig almost every day of the 1st 12 yrs of my daughters life.

One day a stranger heard me say I was a fatass...or something like that. She pointed out that someone had just told my then 14 yr old daughter she looked JUST like me, what does that tell my daughter about herself?
  • arewethereyet

Kelly

:smokin:
  • arewethereyet

Kelly

my computer is messed up and uploaded my remarks before I was ready, then did it 3 times!!:laugh:

What I was saying is that what we say and do in front of our children DOES have an effect on them. If we say we are fat, and we are thin-they will view themselves the same way.

I stopped calling myself names at that time-but the dmg was done. My daughter is a beautiful well adjusted adult that I love very much.
  • I love being able to tallk to someone on here. I need all the help I can get on this.

debi
This discussion has been closed.