Stomach crease/line!

Random question... But... Doesn't matter how much I weigh I have an ugly crease on my stomach! I'm assuming it's from my posture but it seems like nothing I do gets rid of it.

Here is a pic taken a couple weeks ago of my problem area. See that pesky line!

68f9eb04.jpg

Does anyone else have something similar? Any ways to get rid of it?

PS will it be gone when I have a six pack? :D

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    I don't really see what you're talking about! Looks fine to me. Where is this line?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I guess it's hard to see in the picture. When I wake up in the morning it's more a pronounced red crease from one side to the other. O_o
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    so it sounds like it's worse after you curl up to sleep...try sleeping flat on your back or stomach maybe? otherwise, when I was younger I had pretty defined abs and I remember still getting a crease. It can just be your skin. There is almost no way to have a flat stomach when you are sitting down.
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    I have that because of my back problems. But unless you have scolisosis like I do... then I have no idea!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    at your navel or near the panties?

I get one at the navel because of my poor posture. coming home to change clothes after work it is not there (stand all day at work). changing clothes for bedtime it is there, prominent, and like you said, ugly. I sit all day at home hunched over like a weirdo at the computer desk. I can assume the crease is from my bending my body like that for so many hours at a time.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 616 Member
    whatever...id kill to have that line. cut it out...seriously, stop it. youre making me jealous.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    I have (had?) the same thing in the same area! Actually, I haven't really thought about it in a while, and now that I do, I think it has gone away for the most part. I think it has a lot to do with posture, and probably the more I lean out (eating clean, weights, and cardio) the less I've seen of it. I don't know if that helps you much - every body is different but I'm guessing it's similar. Also, I wouldn't worry about it - your pic looks great! I only really noticed because of your comment and my previous experience with the same thing :)
  • I have it too! HATE IT >.>
  • I have it and I've always had it. I can see my abs now and I still have it. I do still have a small amount of fat to lose, so I can't tell you if it will always be there or not. I also hate mine, but don't know what to do about it! I'm 5'11 and VERY long waisted. Are you?
  • rainbowbow
    at your navel or near the panties?

I get one at the navel because of my poor posture. coming home to change clothes after work it is not there (stand all day at work). changing clothes for bedtime it is there, prominent, and like you said, ugly. I sit all day at home hunched over like a weirdo at the computer desk. I can assume the crease is from my bending my body like that for so many hours at a time.

Near my naval. It gets red. Like my skin is permanently folded. Bothers the hell out of me!

Maybe it's the way I sleep on my side in the fetal position or my hunchback at my work desk. :(
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    whatever...id kill to have that line. cut it out...seriously, stop it. youre making me jealous.

lol.. i agree with this post - your abs look great!!
  • Your picture just now loaded for me. Mine is on my upper waist. Way upper.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    I have it too. It is right under my ribs though and it is from a crease on how I sit. I have been trying to sit up straighter though as I am sure it is from the posture.
  • rainbowbow
    I have it and I've always had it. I can see my abs now and I still have it. I do still have a small amount of fat to lose, so I can't tell you if it will always be there or not. I also hate mine, but don't know what to do about it! I'm 5'11 and VERY long waisted. Are you?

I'm 5'3 and kinda lanky, lol. I hope it's just my extra fat causing the crease and will go away when I'm super muscular like I'm going to be!
  • rainbowbow

lol.. i agree with this post - your abs look great!!

Thanks! I'm far from my goal, Its hard for me to see anything GOOD looking about myself nice getting a compliment every bow and then! :)
  • rainbowbow
    God help me from getting Botox on my gut!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    i'd take your stomach in a heartbeat!
  • rainbowbow
    i'd take your stomach in a heartbeat!

Don't take mine! I need it! :P

Besides if you took mine no one will be able to get jealous of yours when you reach your goal!
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    I'm just posting about the same problem!!! have you gotten any solution??
    I just have 10 or 15 pounds overweight, but those freaking lines are always there!
  • I have it also and also am hoping it is just from fat and will go away. It drives me crazy, right at my underwear line.