need to loose fifty pounds before new years

Options
need help losing weight i have messed up shifts at work can my diet alone do it? i eat 1400 calories a day

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    50 pounds in about 9 weeks is not likely to happen (not if you still want to be healthy enough to enjoy the party!) - but you can make a damn good start on some new habits in that time so you will be much healthier by the new year.

Diet is a really important part of weight loss, you can start with this then fit in exercise when you can.

As a male you should probably be eating more than 1400 calories - just start recording what you eat, follow MFP's recommendation and see how you go.
  • PamperedchefMary
    Options
    Good luck! Diet can make you lose weight, but make sure you are getting enough sleep, even if it is at odd hours. Being sleep deprived can make your body store calories as fat for energy when you are tired. Try to get 8 hours a day, and don't forget your water!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Well it's possible technically I guess. If you starved yourself. But in a healthy way, no it's not possible. Working out and eating right would get you about half way there though.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    NOT possible to lose 50 pounds that quickly in a healthy manner... Sorry... and If you want to lose, you should be eating more like 1500 BEFORE exercise and eating any calories you burn back... I know it sounds strange, but I can promise from experience and from watching it happen to other people, that sometimes you really do have to eat MORE in order to lose more... Good luck!!!
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    The only way you could lose 50 pounds in 9 weeks is to get a spot on the Biggest Loser or Extreme Weightloss edition (which means you will take a leave of absence from your life as you know it).
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Short of cutting off a limb, not gonna happen. Maybe 20.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    How heavy you think one of your legs is?
    I might have an idea...
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    How heavy you think one of your legs is?
    I might have an idea...

:laugh:
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    No. Unless you went on a total hunger strike which cause damage to your internal organs, heart, liver, kidneys, brain, etc. But if you use the MFP calculator and get an hour of cardio in with your heart rate above 115-120bpm you will loose alot of fat and you will feel good and look amazing. Loosing the first ten pounds will be noticed by you and close friends the next ten or so will be totaly noticed by everyone else. Id venture to guess by walking every day and eating healthy foods (whole grain Cereal-whole grain bread-wheat pasta- fresh veggies- canned "no salt" veggies, fresh fruit, frozen fruit, beans, nuts should be the staples of your diet everyday) you could safely loose 20-30. But that means healthy lifestyle change to healthy foods (dont call it a diet) AND exercise.

You can do this simply by going for a walk everyday for an hour. Thats all it takes. If you need to motivate yourself during the walk, just remind yourself that your body is finally eating the ice cream you had two weeks ago during that walk. You should be breathing hard enough to make a conversation with someone an effort. Having a hard time doing this walking? Fill a backpack full of canned foods or bottled water to weigh you done and walk--- faster ---with it.

A bonus will be how easy it is to walk up stairs, and get about, oh yeah and you will look awesome. But you knew that already. Good luck!!!