What is a cup?

Options
Everything seems to be measured in cups... what size cup? I have big cups and little cups :happy:

Or am i being unbelievably dense.....?

Replies

• DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Everything seems to be measured in cups... what size cup? I have big cups and little cups :happy:

Or am i being unbelievably dense.....?
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    A cup is 8 ounces. Measuring cup size.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    funny...when I started measuiring things a cup was a very small amount and a tbsp of peanut butter? OMG...who were they kidding? I eat that much just tasting before I actually start chomping...now though...I have learned to appreciate the amounts...hey ...see that cup..that is it pal...so now a cup is the amount and I can be happy with it ...can't change it so might as well be happy
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good stuff! Thanks guys.

Dave- I've just checked and actually all I have in my cupboard are massive mugs..I reckon one of those ought to do as a 'cup' measure..

Only joking fitness fans....

:drinker: two cups
  • lucmclaren381
    Options
    :laugh: Ok well i've been thinking the very same thing so hope you get an answer lol!!! :drinker:
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi there

Like me you're in the UK and as I understand, a cup is an American measurement of liquids equivalent to 8 fluid oz.

Beware too because in USA 2 cups = 1 pint but the pint is a different size to ours.

1 cup = 8 fl oz or 224 ml
    2 cups = 16 fl oz (1 US pint)
    2.5 cups = 20 fl oz (1 UK pint)

Hope that helps and good to see you here
    Flo
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Like me you're in the UK and as I understand, a cup is an American measurement of liquids equivalent to 8 fluid oz.

Beware too because in USA 2 cups = 1 pint but the pint is a different size to ours.

1 cup = 8 fl oz or 224 ml
    2 cups = 16 fl oz (1 US pint)
    2.5 cups = 20 fl oz (1 UK pint)

Hope that helps and good to see you here
    Flo

I'm thinking a UK Pint makes for a better beer!!! :love:
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Stop it you'll have me cheating again!

:laugh: