help! the sugar lows

Options
ugh cutting out sugar sucks *kitten*! ive even trying to cut out bread, im starting to get headaches from the lack of sugar and i get real sleepy in the middle of the day. my snacks include baby carrots and apples
this is wayy tougher then quiting smoking/drinking :/ this dieting thing is kicking my *kitten* and im tempted like right now i know theres a half gallon of chocalte chip mint ice cream in the freezer but i am trying to ignore that must stay on track,its the low blood sugar i guess thats getting me, if i want a snack i grab a carrot or a apple just depends any advice or help will be greatly appricated.

Replies

• missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Carrots and apples are fairly high in sugar. You might try berries instead if you're wanting fruit, they're lower on the glycemic index.

If that ice cream is too hard to ignore, dump it out, there's nothing in it that you NEED. Just toss it in the trash, cuz most of the stuff in it is trash. Well organized tasty trash
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    ugh cutting out sugar sucks *kitten*! ive even trying to cut out bread, im starting to get headaches from the lack of sugar and i get real sleepy in the middle of the day. my snacks include baby carrots and apples
    this is wayy tougher then quiting smoking/drinking :/ this dieting thing is kicking my *kitten* and im tempted like right now i know theres a half gallon of chocalte chip mint ice cream in the freezer but i am trying to ignore that must stay on track,its the low blood sugar i guess thats getting me, if i want a snack i grab a carrot or a apple just depends any advice or help will be greatly appricated.

If I may ask. Why are you cutting out sugar?
  • luv4SFO
    luv4SFO Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try adding a banana for energy, it's higher than an apple in B6, so it will give you more of a boost.
    Look for other foods that boost your B vitamins for lunch or afternoon snack as well.

Stick with it. No glorious victory ever came easy :)
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Throw in some protein with your carrots or apple ~ a piece of lite string cheese or a tablespoon of peanut butter will work wonders for the blood sugar problem! I always have some protein with my fruit or veges at snack time or I won't make it to the next meal....hang in there!!:flowerforyou:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Headache from lack of sugar, considering sugar is the brain's number one and most preferred energy source, I have no idea why it would rebel. :laugh:

Like someone else asked, why are you cutting it out? Medical issue? Otherwise there's no reason to do it.