xenical

Options
to help with my weight loss my dr has given me xenical.. anyone else tried it, i get really bad head aches, i'v stopped taking it for now.

Replies

• clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I was on it until I started here in Feb I only lost two pound from December until February and since being here I have gone from 205-153. Personally I found I was a bit more laid back about my choices as in my head I was thinking it would sort it
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If you eat right and exercise you will not need that junk.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    What aa1440 said.

Xenical didn't work on me at all. Everyone told me I should start eating vegetables because too much fat will have dire consequences. So I ate a doner kebab to see if it works and nothing happened at all.

They work but dumping out excess fat don't they? But if you take them you can't eat a lot of fat because of the consequences. That's what loses any weight - not eating the fat in the first place.

That's what I think anyway
    xx
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you eat right and exercise you will not need that junk.
    i agree.... totally
  • markysan
    Options
    I've used a combination of the little brother of Xenical product called Alli - 1/2 the dose, but seemingly same effects - and the Slimfast diet plan (as well as increasing the sensible, but not always practical at times due to my work - exercise. Walking was my own personal favourite if you have the time and suitable access/routes). I have also used Xenical in the first instance to trial, but I went with advice to go with Alli as I wanted to do the weight loss experience as a project.

To be honest it does eventually drive the mentality that its ok to eat something thinking it will work wonders i.e remove your conscience/guilt factor. The product does work if taken regularly, but I feel its more lesson in reduction of fatty foods in your diet, through basically making you realising at the other end what your body is having to cope with. For me it definately helped, but there is a point where the reliance has to shift from help from others to helping yourself.

As for the side effects,I would wholeheartedly recommend talking with the doctor once again about this. These folks are the experts of your own personal wellbeing. Everything else is just peoples experience which can be helpful as it is unhelpful.

Best of luck,
    Mark
  • bride2be27
    Options
    I was put on these a few months back and I found they had no effect at all, I stuck to what I should and nothing, but since getting my head in the right "lose weight" frame I have lost 8lb in two weeks by exercise and limiting my carbs but allowing a few treats at the weekends.

I wouldnt bother with them if being honest but everyone is different - I looked to them as being a miracle pill and thats not the right way.

Hope they do help you though
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed this by my doctor earlier this year and the first 2-3 months I dropped about 18 lbs. I didn't have any problems on them...except that one time I ate some pizza...but that was to be expected!!

After those initial months though I stopped losing weight - I think my body had cottoned on to it by that point lol!!
  • julieabery
    Options
    Thank you for your feed back it has been really helpful x x x :flowerforyou: